Surrounded by the White Mountains, the town of Bartlett, New Hampshire has amazing scenery everywhere you turn. Add in the museums and historical attractions, as well as all of the parks and options for exploring the great outdoors, and you have all the ingredients for a perfect New England getaway.
You'll find most of the unique shops and fine restaurants centered along Main Street, but Bartlett is small enough that anything you want to reach is usually just a short walk or bike ride away. The small size of the town makes it even easier to explore the wide range of cultural and educational attractions offered here.
Be sure to make time for some of these key sites in the area during your stay:
- Arethusa Falls: Despite being the tallest waterfall in New Hampshire, this is an easy climb for people of all fitness levels and only takes a couple of hours.
- Story Land: Located just outside of Bartlett in nearby Glen, this amusement park is perfect for young children.
- Crawford Notch State Park: This park has plenty of designated hiking trails and opportunities to spot birds and other wildlife that are native only to New England.
- White Mountain Artisan Gallery: With a regularly rotating lineup, the gallery is a great place to see the work of some of the finest artisans in New England.
- Frost Place: Head to this farmhouse where world-famous poet Robert Frost lived.
- Go Skiing: If you're here during the winter, Cannon Mountain is by far the most popular place for locals to hit the slopes.
Bartlett has live music and theater most nights of the week during the year, but the biggest events are centered around the beautiful scenery take place during the fall and summer months. Enjoy Scottish food and entertainment during the Scottish Highland Games in October, sample the best beers and wines of New England during the Wicked Wine and Brew Fest in September, or enjoy the elaborate Independence Day celebrations in July.
Bartlett has a wide range of vacation rentals available across town, making it easy to stay exactly where you want to in the area. Head to one of the condos just steps from the slopes of Cannon Mountain, or pick an apartment near the fine dining and shopping options in the downtown area. You can even rent a rustic cabin in the remote woods of Bartlett.
If you're looking for a big city thrill during your stay in Bartlett, there are plenty of large metropolitan areas within a short drive of Bartlett. Both the charming city of Providence, Rhode Island and the metropolis of Boston, Massachusetts can be reached in just two hours by car.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.