Make yourself at home in rural, circa 1842 farmhouse with a private and cozy guest house second floor apartment offering you a "home away from home" atmosphere while enjoying a country setting only minutes from town. We know as travelers, what it's like to stay in one room motels, hotels and bed and breakfasts and that is precisely what sets us apart. Stretch out and enjoy room to move in your lovingly decorated guest house apartment with comfortable furniture, quality bed and luxury sheets for a good nights sleep. The private outside entrance leads up to your second floor accommodations featuring a complete kitchen for all your cooking needs, breakfast room, livingroom, bedroom and bath. We even supply the spices and paper products! Our home isn't frilly fancy and filled with elaborate antiques, rather, we like to refer to our style as farmhouse casual and offers you the amenities you will absolutely love!
We're centrally located between Toledo and Cleveland and only 20 minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park! Surrounding us are wineries, historic landmarks, great shopping, waterparks, golf courses, fun filled attractions, Lake Erie fishing charters and beaches, railroad museum, State Parks, nature trails and bird watching, auto race tracks and so much more. We are only 20 minutes away from most everything!
Majestic white pines adorn our backyard, flower beds to view, and birds to hear while you savor the fresh country breezes. Our backyard is ample size for yard games and the safety for children and adults alike! How about a good ole' fashion game of croquet, ladder ball, yard jarts or frisbee. During harvest time, it's not unusual to see deer wandering the fields and at night listen to the coyotes baying while enjoying a crackling fire under our old world style pergola. Perhaps during a warm summer evening star gazing and enjoying the hot tub, you will even catch your own special shooting star to wish upon.
Having a birthday or celebration? We would love to help plan your getaway in style! Whether it's decorating the guesthouse for a birthday, picking up flowers or a bottle of wine, securing tickets for an event or making an appointment for a massage, just ask and we will happy to help make your trip memorable.
- Comfortably furnished with a unique blend of modern and country farmhouse decor featuring a separate living room, bedroom, kitchen, bath and breakfast room.
- We are a self-catering guest house, which means you get to cook your breakfast, but we do supply you with all the cooking amenities to create your own feast.
- You will enjoy a completely outfitted kitchen for all your cooking and late night snack needs. Also in your kitchen is a Microwave, Blender, Hand Mixer, Toaster, Coffee Pot, Pots and Pans, BBQ utensils and more. There are grocery stores and fresh farm markets minutes away and an array of cookbooks if the mood strikes you to get creative. Sometimes vacations can be the most enjoyable moments to try out new recipes.
- Coffee, Tea, Creamer/Sugar, Cooking Spices, Paper Products are all supplied for you
- Breakfast Room with Casual Seating for Four.
- Leather Queen Sofa-Sleeper in Living Room for Extra Guests.
- Quality Mattress and Box Springs for a Restful Nights Sleep.
- Lined Dried Sheets when Mother Nature Permits
- We Launder with 'Free" Dye Detergents and Softeners.
- Desk for Writing & Computer use.
- Ample Lighting for Reading your Favorite Book or Magazine
- WiFi with your own Personal Secure Router
- Heat and A/C
- Satellite with Movie Channels and Flat Screen TV
- CD Stereo with iPod connectivity
- Books, Magazines, Board Games, and loads of Tourist Information is available in your guest house.
- Ironing Board and Iron
- Bedside Alarm Clock
- Plush Bath Towels and Hair Dryer
- Beach Towels for Hot Tub
- Ample Closet and Drawers for Clothes and Vacation Treasure Finds.
- Guest House Sleeps 2 people, however there is a Leather Sofa Sleeper in Living Room to accommodate 2 people if needed.
- Private Outside 2nd Floor Staircase Entrance.
- Second Floor Balcony.
- Enjoy your personal Patio with Gas Grill, Table and Chairs for your outdoor enjoyment.
- Six Person Outdoor Hot Tub (Closes Mid-November until May)
- Reclaimed Barn Beam Pergola with Fire Pit and plenty of seating. Firewood supplied.
- Private Drive with plenty of parking for 2 or more cars. Have a boat /watercraft and trailer? We have space for that too!
- Ample Grounds for a special event if the occasion should arise.
We offer extended stay accommodations and business travelers are welcome! We're conveniently located just minutes from Route 20 and only 10 minutes from the Ohio 80/90 turnpike. Need errands run? Concierge Services can be made available. Forget to make those copies or need a letter or document completed? No worries! We have business services available on the premises. It's like having own personal assistant with you.
Add... per stay
Cancellation fee $30 per stay Fees for additional guests may apply.
All rates are based on double occupancy.
Each additional person is $15.00 per night.
From Memorial Day Weekend through mid October, a two-night minimum is required. Holiday weekends require a three-night minimum stay.
Advance reservations preferred by phone at (phone: hidden) however feel free to email us if you have any questions.
Deposits: A deposit of one night's rate is required at the time of the reservation for a one to three night stay.
For four or more nights, special packages, 50% of the total is required at the time of reservation.
Extended Stay has different billing process - please inquire.
Reservations made less than 7 days prior to the arrival date will be charged in full at reservation rate and are non-refundable.
•All deposits must be made by credit card or debit card at time of reservation.
•We're sorry, but we do not accept travelers checks, paypal, money orders or personal checks.
•There must be at least one adult over 21. Children 6+ years of age and older are welcome, but must be supervised by parent or guardian and will be held responsible for any damages incurred.
• We love animals as much as anyone and know how important pets are to families, however we are unable to accommodate pets. There are boarding kennels close by if you choose to bring a pet.
Smoking is limited to outside only. Our insurance prohibits the use of candles or open flame in guest house.
No illegal drugs permitted on premises.
We do not charge a cleaning fee except for extended stay guests, however we will place a charge on your credit card to satisfy the negative situation if one or more of the following is apparent: guest house was not cleaned up when you departed, any damages to furnishings or content of guest house, personal property of guest house is missing, if anyone has smoked inside the guest house, animals or pets were in guest house. Therefore, please treat the property with respect.
Published discounts can not be combined
We are open year round.
Guest House is self-catering, however your hosts Paul and Janell will be available between 9am and 8pm for your convenience and also for emergencies.
Additional fees may apply:
- Extra People Over 2 | 15 USD per day...Read more
Our location offers you the convenience of being close to many favorite north coast attractions in the Lake Erie region. In any direction you decide to venture off into, we are minutes from all types of things to do and see such as: Cedar Point Amusement Park, golf courses, antique shops, flea markets, bird watching, bicycle and nature walking trails, historical caverns, Lake Erie sport fishing and dive charters, the Hayes Presidential museum and historial points of interest, sandy beaches and water sports, wineries, Sandusky Speedway for the Rusty Jones Experience Driving School, NHRA race track and we're only one hour from Cleveland Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Indians Stadium and one hour away from the largest Amish Community in the United States! The list is nearly endless as are the possibilities when you stay at the Harpster-Davenport Guest House. Then again, you may just want to enjoy some precious time away from it all, kick back and just relax.
We're conveniently located just minutes off Route 20 and only 10 minutes from the Ohio 80/90 turnpike and 20 minutes from Cedar Point area.
More About This Location
Nearest airport: Griffings, Sandusky, Ohio Nearest ferry port: Catawba Island or Sandusky Nearest train station: Cleveland, Ohio Car is essential
Last updated on March 31, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
3 other Bellevue rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.