Offering my lovely, fully furnished home: a 1400 sq. foot, 1920's townhouse in North Berkeley. It is two stories, has two bedrooms (one with a large adjoining office), a private patio, 1.5 bathrooms, and includes a small private garage for off street parking. It's set back from the street in a lovely, quiet garden. It's in a great location in a beautiful neighborhood: three blocks to the University, two blocks to the Pacific School of Religion, and three blocks to the Gourmet Ghetto with its phenomenal eateries, gourmet shopping, boutiques, and an all organic farmers' market.
My home is fully and beautifully furnished, and includes for your use bedding, towels and the like. It features a fully equipped kitchen with many appliances to indulge your inner gourmet (there are even culinary herbs growing outside, steps away from the kitchen), and a washer and dryer. The private patio makes a lovely place to relax or even work with your laptop.
The home is available for starting September 1st. The minimum length of stay is 1 week, there is no maximum, in fact I welcome long term stays. Rent is $1386 per week or $4998 per month. There is an additional security deposit and cleaning fee depending on the length of your stay. All utilities are included, as well as high-speed wireless internet, a land line with free domestic long distance, and cable television.
This leaves NOTHING for you to do but unpack your luggage and start enjoying Berkeley!
There are many little touches to ensure a comfortable (and fun) stay:
- Both bedrooms feature beds with memory foam mattresses.
- Large screen plasma 3-D television with cable.
- Second TV in bedroom.
- Loads of closet space.
- Phone with free domestic long distance.
- DSL with wi-fi.
- Private patio with orange and lemon trees, culinary herbs and a charcoal grill.
- Sole treadmill.
- Walkable neighborhood, three blocks to shopping, restaurants, and the University.
- 20 minute walk to downtown Berkeley: theaters, restaurants, shops.
- One mile to BART.
- Off-street parking in your small, private garage.
- Whole house heat, with remotely controllable thermostat.
- Kitchen with gas stove and dishwasher.
- Plenty of pots, pans, cooking gadgets and small appliances.
- Includes Cuisinart food processor, espresso machine, blender, toaster, coffee maker, slow cooker, and more!
- A full bathroom with tub.
- Half bathroom with innovative eco-friendly grey-water recycling feature.
- Home is set in a lovely garden.
- Full complement of linens and towels.
- A library of hundreds of books.
- Over a hundred DVDs.
- Xbox360, with Kinect, all of the Rockband instruments, and a library of two dozen games.
- Home is set back from the street, quiet.
I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about visiting Berkeley or the Bay Area. I grew up right here in Berkeley and love it very much. I like to make sure visitors get a chance to see the Berkeley I know as a local. I'm happy to provide information or answer any questions about the area, from restaurant recommendations or lovely walking trails, to local history, I'll be here to help you enjoy your stay.
The home can accommodate four people maximum, and no more than three unrelated adults. Regrettably, with the exception of service animals, I am not able to accommodate dogs. Other animals will be considered on a case by case basis....Read more
Left on 05/05/2014 for a stay in April 2014 | MarniReviewed May 5, 2014Stayed Apr 2014
I stayed here with my husband and 11 year old son. The home is lovely, old Berkeley charm. Everything was in great working order. It was quietly set in the back of the building complex. The owner was very helpful with any requests, including extra bedding to allow my son's cousin to stay a few nights with us and helping us to host a family dinner in the house. It is easy walking distance from the North Berkeley gourmet ghetto that includes the wonderful Cheese Board cooperative, Peet's Coffee and Saul's restaurant. It's also just over a mile to the Rose Garden and close to UC Berkeley campus. We would definitely stay here again.
Left on 04/12/2014 for a stay in March 2014 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Apr 12, 2014Stayed Mar 2014
Very pleasant and recommendable home.
Peaceful place and at the same time near a nice supermarket
and near Ucberkeley.
All electrodomestics and gadgets in perfect use.
Plenty of vídeos, books and games, pitty we didn't had time for them.
In a few words, perfect for our stay, and if I come back, I'll go there again.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.