Recent reviews for Bethany Beach, Delaware, USA
"A home away from home at the beach"
Left on 08/01/2015 for a stay in July 2015
My husband, parents, and I have been vacationing in Bethany for 6 years now. We wanted to stay closer to the beach so were excited that my mom was able to secure this condo after eying it in previous years. The location is perfect - far enough from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk but close enough to load up our beach cart and walk to the beach every day. The community is nice - pool area was clean, plus had some pool noodles and other toys there to use. The condo is very nicely decorated and clean. We enjoyed meals outside in the screened in porch - so great to not worry about bugs! The condo is stocked with plenty of kitchen supplies, books, games, stuff for kids - you name it! It really was a home away from home for a week. I found the price fair for the amenities and proximity to the beach. We will definitely stay again!
"Sea Colony beach house - super"
Left on 08/30/2015 for a stay in August 2015
Excellent beach townhouse. Pretty decorations and furniture. Comfy beds. Clean. Crappy WiFi, had slight problem with cable in master bedroom - got resolved. Improvements could be made on high definition TVs
"Bethany Beach Sea Colony Condo"
Left on 06/23/2015 for a stay in June 2015
We had a great long weekend in Bethany. The condo was perfect for our family of 5. We had plenty of room, and the kitchen had all the comforts of home. The condo was clean and towels and sheets were included with the rental. The pool and ocean access couldn't have been any closer and the views of the ocean from both inside the condo and out on the patio/deck were spectacular.
"Great Beach Rental"
Left on 08/23/2015 for a stay in August 2015
The beach house in Bethany at 675 Evans Avenue is a fantastic place to stay for your family vacation. It's close enough to the downtown Bethany shops to walk in the evenings. Parking passes are included for beach access. The house is very clean and functional with lots of common space and a good size kitchen area. There is plenty of seating and both indoor and outdoor dining tables. We were able to park 3 vehicles on the property.
"Great vacation house"
Left on 06/05/2015 for a stay in May 2015
Everything was perfect. Very clean and organized. They had games and puzzles for kids. Nice deck out back. Next to pond with swan. Everything was exactly like the photos, which we liked because we chose this house because it has a beach house style interior. No sharp edges for our two year old to get hurt on.
About Bethany Beach
Looking for a peaceful beach vacation getaway? You've found the spot. Bethany Beach, Delaware, and the surrounding areas of South Bethany and Fenwick Island are part of a seven-mile stretch of quiet, serene beach bliss, located in the southeastern corner of Delaware. Be the first to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic with your morning coffee from your vacation rental's deck.
While you are here, choose from an array of water sport activities, including swimming, fishing, surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, windsurfing, and crabbing. Play a game of beach volleyball in your rental's backyard, or throw a family barbeque on the back deck. With a full kitchen and plenty of space to store the water skis and kayaks, there are always opportunities for beach and water fun. If you visit during the summer, celebrate the fourth with the locals at the annual Bethany Beach Fourth of July Parade. This hour-long celebration features clowns, floats, and a mass of beach chairs filled with anxious vacationers ready to see great fireworks on the beach.
Here are some additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Ride the ferry: Bethany Beach is home to the Cape May- Lewes Ferry, a cruise between New Jersey and Delaware, taking guests from Bethany Beach to Cape May and back. Along the way, you'll see lighthouses and beautiful Atlantic Ocean views.
- Explore the DiscoverSea Museum: Founded in 1995 with the intent to preserve Bethany Beach's maritime heritage, this museum is located on Fenwick Island, just six miles from Bethany Beach. The ever-evolving exhibits display recovered artifacts from shipwrecks worldwide.
- Take a guided shoreline tour by boat: Rent a canoe or kayak and let an experienced guide introduce you to the native plants and wildlife of the shoreline ecosystem.
- Hear some live music: The Boardwalk bandstand at the center of town is host to a regular concert series during the summer.
- Learn to surf: Bethany Beach is home to several excellent surfing schools. Let a knowledgeable instructor help you get on your board and hit the waves.
- Explore the Bear Trap Dunes: The Bear Trap Dunes are one of the most beautiful protected dune ecosystems in the state. Come to this part of the beach to see native shorebirds and explore the tide pools.
Experience the fun, natural beauty, and tranquil ocean breezes of Bethany Beach by finding a luxury summer rental within a few steps of the ocean. The right beach condo can be the perfect place to relax and host a barbeque for your family and friends after a long day in the sun. Even if you decide to come during the spring, fall or winter, vacation rental opportunities are plentiful here. While you're visiting Bethany Beach, consider exploring nearby Rehoboth Beach or Cape May.