Sunday River Estate on Golf Course w Theater, Pool
Welcome to the Glen House, designed as the perfect year round luxury vacation home for large family vacations, reunions, golf outings, ski vacations, retreats, special celebrations, and small weddings. With all the amenities of a 5 star resort, but with the comforts and conveniences of home. You will be amazed at all there is to do here.
* 9 suite bedrooms * 8 spa-inspired bathrooms * 3 incredible kitchens, including an outdoor kitchen * 5 bars (optionally stocked prior to arrival) *20 seat Movie Theater with all the latest releases and theater popcorn * Heated pool, 2 hot tubs, 2 steam rooms, infrared sauna * Billiards and foosball tables * Wii, Xbox, loads of games, toys, library, baby supplies * Home Office, computer, fax, printer, wifi * AV capabilities in theater for easy presentations * Private playground * Stocked pantry and bar, personal chef, daily housekeeping, childcare and personal masseusse options * Baby and toddler supplies and toys for all ages * Gas firpit on the deck for evening cocktails and roasting marshmallows * VIP parking passes for front row baselodge parking, or shuttle from your front door * Perfectly and privately situation along the 1st hole of the Sunday River Golf Course, rated #1 course in New England and top 100 courses in the US.
* Discount golf and ski passes
In the area you will find a never ending array of fun oudoor activities including:
* Golf and several local courses including the presigious Sunday River Golf Club
* Swimming Holes such as Frenchman's where you can slide down a waterfall like a waterslide!
* Horseback Riding (indoor or outdoor)
* Amusement parks
* Miniature Golf
* Laser Tag
* Indoor rock climbing (or outdoor)
* Rock hounding at one of the local mines
* Wildlife safaries and photography
* White water rafting
* Whale watching
* Boating and canoeing
* Outlet shopping
* Ice skating
* Strawberry or apple picking
Be sure to check out our personal website for a virtual tour and more info.TripAdvisor property ID 2297151...Read more
Please note: these rates exclude taxes and fees and may vary depending on the length of your stay. Rates are also subject to change at the [owner/manager]’s discretion.
Tax rate | 8% of rent | tax rate
Cleaning fee | $450 per stay
Pet | $100 per stay
Additional notes from the owner
Rent 4 nights, get the 5th free. Thanksgiving subject to winter rates. Christmas holiday and February vacation weeks $14,000/week. If you stay over a weekend, we have a 3 night minimum, with all 3 nights at weekend rates. Additional nights would be at mid-week rates. A Sunday - Friday stay is cacluated at mid-week rates.
Left on 01/11/2010 for a stay in September 2009 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 11, 2010Stayed Sep 2009
My wife and I decided this would be the perfect place for our wedding and reception. We were right! We were specifically looking to have an "intimate" occasion, with about 70 guests. The owners went way out of their way to help us by recommending caterers, rehearsal dinner and brunch venues, and even suggesting setups for the ceremony and the best way to use the in-house entertainment features! When we first arrived at the house, it was very late at night. We had seen all the pictures and had even visited before, but it still an amazing sight to see. Both of our immediate families stayed in the house for the week from infant nieces and nephews to grandparents. The guys spent the morning of the wedding on the golf course (which has some of the most amazing views of the mountains) while the girls were pampered at the house by a local spa staff (also recommended!). The wedding went just as we had dreamed, some people played pool and foosball, watched movies, went swimming and hot tubbing, used the bars, danced upstairs and downstairs, played football on the lawn, sat by the fire, and ate terrific food. The wedding went for 9 hours, which people told us was crazy, but in that house the time flew by and we had to "make" people leave on the last shuttle back to the Jordan Grand hotel. I asked one guest if she was having fun and she said "It wouldn't be possible to even hide from fun in this house". All our family and friends who had questioned "WHY MAINE?" understood the minute they arrived. And they can't stop talking about it since. We arrived on a Thursday night and had the wedding on Saturday. We spent the rest of the week at the house relaxing. Sunday football in the movie theater was better than being at a stadium! We went sightseeing at the state parks and enjoyed the town of Bethel, but we couldn't wait to get back the house to enjoy the heated pool, hot tub and fire pit. Thank you Glen House for an unforgettable experience! We are looking for a reason to go back!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.