At FlipKey, when we hit a dry spell for travel inspiration, we look to the stars to guide us. Celebrities pick some of the best vacation destinations on the planet – out of the way spots where you can relax in an A-List vacation home – and we set out to find them. While the prices on these out-of-this-world homes may seem stratospheric, the locations are down-to-earth. Check out our celebrity vacation home review and get the skinny on the destinations and amenities that earn the attention of well-known icons from Angelina Jolie to Richard Branson. Maybe your next vacation will have you seeing stars!
Share this infographic – Copy and paste the HTML below!
For many of us, Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the season, if not the year. After months of working hard and adapting to the bitter cold, Thanksgiving is a welcome and much-needed break from our day-to-day. When it comes to the food, football, and subsequent naps, those few days off leave no room for regret. So, why not go all out and bring the family to one of our most peaceful, quaint, and cozy rentals? Get away from the noise and the crowded grocery stores. Buy your turkey early and enjoy true relaxation in the country, mountains, or even by the beach…
1. Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire This beautiful lake cottage sleeps 7 (enough room for the kids and then some) and is close enough to town for those last minute grocery stops while remaining in quiet country.
2. Shaver Lake, California This New England style home is beautifully maintained by its owners. With an open floor plan, the cooks aren’t stuck in just one room. The property sleeps 8 comfortably and has a perfect dining room table for Thanksgiving dinner.
3. Charlemont, Massachusetts For families with pets, this country cottage is a perfect choice. The property even includes access to Netflix and DirectTV. Football anyone?
4. Rockport, Massachusetts This stylish home by the sea comes with a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen as well as satellite TV.
5. Chester, Connecticut Situated on 10 wooded acres and surrounded by 1000 acres of forest. Chester is A perfect location for absolute serenity and privacy.
6. Trenton, Maine If you want to walk off the food, just take a 15 minute drive and Acadia National Park awaits.
7. Dolores, Colorado A perfect retreat for outdoor enthusiasts – this property is close to several hiking trails and archaeological sites. Or, you could always sit and soak in the hot tub…
8. Ashburnham, Massachusetts Located on 100 acres of rolling farm, a vacation here would be a true country getaway. Filled with orchards, blueberries, and plenty of wildlife, this rental is match made in heaven for that Thanksgiving dinner.
9. Ivanhoe, California Nestled among orange and mandarin groves, all guests are provided with a well-stocked kitchen. The cottage even includes a continental breakfast made from scratch.
10. Santa Barbara, California Centrally located, this rental is perfect for a Thanksgiving by the beach. Amenities included? Try a 42″ flat-screen TV, a private 2-car driveway, and even a Nintendo Wii console.
12. Alden, Michigan A romantic lakefront cabin perfect for couples or families. During the fall season the area is filled with activities like skiing and snowmobiling in case you decide to venture outside.
We are excited to be attending the inaugural Holiday Rental Professionals Seminar hosted by the Vacation Rental Managers Association (VRMA) on 4-5 December 2012, in Barcelona, Spain.
The event promises to offer unmatched business and educational tools to help vacation rental managers deliver superior guest and homeowner experiences and features sessions by Javier Delgado Muerza of Google Travel on “Internet & the Digital Era” and by Jordi Schoenenberger of Deloitte on the outlook of the European travel industry. Concurrent session speakers from a half-dozen countries will cover:
Additional Revenue Sources
Dealing with Complaints in the Age of Internet Reviews
Converting Leads to Optimize Your Marketing Dollars
International Visitors: Assess, Attract and Serve Them Effectively
Online Payments in a Global Holiday Industry
Anatomy of an Online Booking
Impact of Cloud Computing on Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rental Industry: Present & Future
How Guest Reviews Can Double Your Business
Worldwide Distribution for Vacation Rentals
FlipKey’s own Jeremy Gall, COO and Co-Founder, will present on Converting Leads to Optimize Your Marketing Dollars Tuesday afternoon. Additionally, FlipKey’s Koryn Okey will be presenting on How Guest Reviews Can Double Your Business Wednesday morning. More information on these and all sessions is available here.
Just one tip, one new resource, or a single connection during this event can make or save your company money. For more details click on the links that follow:
Today we are featuring a guest post from Sarah Brubaker of WebChalet, a site dedicated to helping vacation rental owners and managers create high-impact, easy-to-maintain websites to promote their vacation rentals.
As you may have noticed, competition for renting out vacation homes is heating up. More people are listing their houses, which is a good thing for travelers looking to have choices when they plan the perfect vacation. Yet if you are a vacation rental owner, then you need to find ways to make your vacation rental stand out from the crowd.
A no-brainer is to launch a personal website for you vacation rental. These days, a website is essential for your vacation rental marketing, yet many owners still don’t have one. And if they do, many owners haven’t touched it since 2003 because they have to ask their second cousin’s cousin to update it. Believe it or not, there’s no need to ask relatives for help: it’s now easier than ever to launch an affordable website that looks professional and allows you to edit and manage content with no technical knowledge.
A personal vacation rental website with your own domain name can become the hub of your marketing efforts. You can link your website to your directory listings, on sites like FlipKey, as well as any of your social media campaigns to increase your chances of booking more guests. A personal website also helps you seal the deal with potential renters by giving them all of the info they need and emphasizes that your place is the best option for their vacation rental needs.
Here are five ways that a personal website will help you boost your vacation rental marketing:
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 240,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.