Save up to 45% by Visiting Vacation Destinations this September, October, and November
We’re happy to announce the top five destinations to visit during the fall 2014 shoulder season – the time between high and low travel seasons – when travelers can save money on a vacation rental. Basing our findings on the nightly price for properties on our website, we uncovered that travelers can save tons by visiting during the months of September, October, and November while also experiencing less crowds.
“Prices begin to plummet after Labor Day and not only can you find great deals during the shoulder season, but the amount of vacationers is substantially less. You might end up having the beach all to yourself”, said Eric Horndahl, FlipKey’s Vice President of Marketing. “Myrtle Beach is our number one pick for shoulder season travel this fall, where you’re still looking at temperatures in the low 80s during September, which is plenty warm for sun, sand and beach activities.”
According to our data, the following five destinations are the best spots to visit during the 2014 fall shoulder season to save money on a vacation rental:
- Myrtle Beach, SC: Save up to 43% (Shoulder season average is $104 per night compared to $182 during high season).
- Hamptons, NY (the South Fork of Long Island): Save nearly 30% (Shoulder season average is $584 per night compared to $809 during high season).
- Charleston, SC: Save up to 20%. (Shoulder season average is $250 per night compared to $311 during high season).
- Hilton Head, SC: Save up to 15%. (Shoulder season average is $230 per night compared to $270 during high season).
- Catskills, NY (Southeast New York State): Save up to 11%. (Shoulder season average is $297 compared to $334 during high season).
In addition to savings, the less-crowded shoulder season means more access to popular restaurants, shorter lines to local attractions, and less-packed beaches.