Our sister company, TripAdvisor Rentals is offering the chance to be the first person ever to spend a night in the Coca-Cola London Eye. On March 30th, one winner and their chosen guest will climb aboard an exclusive sky-high home from TripAdvisor Rentals.
TripAdvisor Rentals and Wayfair have teamed up to transform the attraction into a dreamy home in the sky. Wayfair will furnish and decorate a single capsule overnight to create a secret rooftop garden with 360-degree views of one of the world’s most iconic cities. Inspired by a five-star rain forest retreat, this enchanting glasshouse combines natural elements with urban style. Lush green foliage and tropical touches abound, while a beautifully-crafted bed, luxury linens, and boutique chic décor bring a whole new meaning to sleeping under the stars. It’s like a secret rooftop garden—only this one has views of one of the world’s most iconic cities from every angle.
“At Wayfair, we offer millions of home products across all styles and budgets, which makes it possible for anyone to bring their unique vision of home to life. We are delighted to partner with TripAdvisor Rentals to create a first-of-its-kind space in the sky,” said Nadia McCowan Hill, Style Expert, Wayfair UK.
“Our design team at Wayfair forecasted that tropical greenery would be a big trend for home décor in 2017, so it made perfect sense to transform one of the London Eye capsules into an exotic getaway inspired by this lush style. For the lucky winners, it will truly be a slice of serene paradise high above the bustling metropolis of London.”
Here are a few tips on how to recreate this jungle paradise in your own home, from Wayfair UK’s resident style expert, Nadia McCowan Hill:
- A beautifully crafted solid wood bed and plush, white bed linen make the perfect base in a jungle-inspired bedroom, creating a luxurious foundation while allowing bold accents to do the talking. Try adding pillows emblazoned with palm leaves and parrots to bring a touch of the tropics home!
- To create a tropical corner, position a rattan or wicker accent chair over a natural jute rug. Then bring a sense of the outdoors in, with potted palms and jungle-themed cushions.
- Colorful woven baskets make great vessels for potted greenery and have a subtle, natural finish that suits the tropical trend perfectly.
- Macramé plant hangers and wire birdcages filled with lush foliage look stunning suspended from the ceiling. They also have the added benefit of being relatively inexpensive accents that make a scorching style statement without straining the purse.
More about Wayfair:
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.