Château des Sablons is a beautiful 18th century château with a white stone façade. It is ideally situated on the edge of the medieval market town Bourgueil which is amidst some the greatest castles in the heart of the Loire Valley.
The Harvest Suite is a delightful two-bedroom suite located on the second floor of the Château des Sablons' coach house. From its premier étage location (American second floor), it overlooks the gardens and park of the château with plenty of greenery and sounds of birds in the morning.
It accommodates two to four guests, and allows for the perfect vacation no matter your pleasures.
Activities also abound in the area. Visit other châteaus, tour museums, and taste the area's fine wines and cuisine.
Enjoy numerous outdoor activities that include: watersports on the lakes and rivers (swimming, windsurfing, waterskiing, canoeing, and sailing), hunting, fishing, golf, and walking or cycling in the beautiful countryside and forests.
Guests in the Harvest Suite are able to enjoy the swimming pool and grounds of the château. The grounds are designed to provide an enclave of peace and quiet and guests are encouraged to use the various tables and chairs in the park seating areas for coffee, drinks and meals. The château makes a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing or even in place of a day of sightseeing.
• The Harvest Suite has a living room/dining room and a separate kitchen.
• The kitchen is completely furnished with a fridge, four-burner stove, oven, microwave, coffeemaker, pots, pans, dishes, and glassware.
• There’s a separate water closet (WC), in the French tradition, located in the common areas close to the kitchen.
• The main bedroom is immediately adjacent to the living/dining room and has its own bathroom with shower. This bedroom also has a king-sized bed.
• The additional bedroom is located down the hall, and has its own sink in a separate alcove. This bedroom has two single beds.
• Also at the end of the hall, there’s a bathroom with a bathtub, shower, as well as an additional toilet. This allows a group to have two toilets, two sinks, a shower, and a bathtub at their disposal.
• Towels available for 10 Euros per person per week
• Iron and Ironing board
• Parking available
• WiFi Internet Access
• TV with an Apple TV on demand entertainment system that includes access to an extensive library of over 500 English language movies and TV shows, and access to international news podcasts.
You can choose to visit the area by foot, bicycle, train, or auto.
The Château des Sablons is only a 15 minute stroll from the center of Bourgueil. The town is well endowed with shops, including three butcher shops, five bakeries, three café-bars, five restaurants, a wonderful patisserie and a good newsagent’s shop for newspapers, etc. In addition there are two supermarkets, one in town that stays open Sunday morning and one just on the outskirts, the huge HyperU Supermarket.
The town is prosperous and enjoyable, and a center of wine production. The A.O.C. of Bourgueil is present on every wine list of any size in France and visiting the neighboring wineries (you’ll pass vines on the way into town) is one of our guest’s favorite activities.
The Loire Valley in the part of France which is the most bicycle-friendly. A separate bike path has just been constructed beween the center of Bourgueil and the Loire. This kind of construction is becoming more common in the area. (A several hundred kilometer bike path runs along the south bank levee of the Loire.)
There are plenty of guides for visiting the region by bicycle, but the immediate area has three bike circuits of about 40 km that provides visitors with a unique visit to the area. One focuses on the vineyards and wine-producing areas, another on the old ports on the Loire, and another takes you up into the hills and along the Chaungeon to see the mills, etc.
You can also combine bicycle tours with the train to extend your range. Almost all local trains from the Port Boulet station 3.5 km from the château carry bicycles. This allows you to ride to Saumur on the bike and then take the train home, for instance.
> Click here to view the map of Bicycle Paths in the Loire Valley from Bourgueil.
The Château has a very convenient location, being only 3.5 km from an exit from the A85 motorway. This allows you immediate access to the motorway and speeds you to some of the further distance châteaus such as Amboise (less than an hour), Chenonceau (45 minutes), Langeais (15 minutes), Villandry (20 minutes), Chinon (15 minutes), Saumur (25 minutes), Montosreau (15 minutes), Angers, Azay le Rideau….TripAdvisor property ID 2307210...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.