With miles of beaches and rolling waves, rows of art galleries, and restaurants serving up the freshest New England seafood, the Cape Cod town of Bourne has it all! Eat locally caught fish at one of the restaurants scattered along Buzzards Bay, or hit the high-end boutique shops centered on Main Street.
Be sure to check out these local attractions and destinations as well:
- Aptucxet Trading Post Museum: Dating back almost 400 years, these gardens are filled with wildflowers and several historical exhibits.
- National Marine Life Center: Learn more about the local marine life through a regularly rotating calendar of exhibits and displays here.
- Watch a Baseball Game: The Bourne Braves are the local team competing in the Cape Cod Baseball League.
- Sagamore Bridge: One of the many bridges in the area, head to this local landmark for amazing views of the Cape Cod Canal.
- Go Hiking: The Bournedale Hills Trail offers a guided 1.5 mile loop that covers the Canal's historic and natural features.
- Go to the Beach: Monument Beach and Gray Gables Beach are just two of the many popular beaches in the area.
There is a wide range of events that take place throughout Bourne every year. The biggest festival in Bourne is the Bourne Scallop Festival in September, a four-day event with specialty foods, an arts and crafts show, and a Home Expo show. There are plenty of other major events to check out in the nearby areas as well. Cheer on the rowers competing at the Head of the Charles Regatta in October, or watch demonstrations of basket making and blacksmithing at the County Fair and Craft Festival in Hancock Shaker Village every October.
There are plenty of vacation rentals available in Bourne that meet the needs of all ages and budgets. Select a property such as a luxury condo just steps from the beach and all the water attractions in the area, or a trendy apartment near all the boutique shopping and restaurants. For more budget conscious travelers, there are plenty of spacious villas big enough for large groups to share that are filled with modern amenities and all the comforts at home.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.