Imagine relaxing for a few days in your totally private waterfront cottage just an hour from downtown Vancouver. Enjoy sunsets, 2 bedrooms with either king or twin beds, 2 full bathrooms, private hot tub, bbq, open air hot outside shower in the garden, private tennis court, great swimming beach.
The cottage is fully equipped, offering all amenities, plus nature at its' finest. Enjoy bird watching, soaring eagles, grazing deer, and ever passing boat traffic from your huge deck. The island also offers golf, kayak rentals, hiking trails, adventure tours, restaurants, shopping, general store, organic grocery store and a liquor store. There is transit bus service available during the rush hour times of day for those who do not want to bring a car. The bus stops just around the corner 2 or 3 minutes from the cottage. The cottage is pet friendly without a cost to you. Our only request is if they poop, please scoop. No one likes to step in any little surprises.
We want you to feel as though your time spent at Bluewater Cottage is like staying in your own waterfront get-away. The added bonus is it comes without the high costs and maintenance hassles involved. Pricing is structured to enable guests to return as often as they wish. This gives you the opportunity to enjoy all 4 seasons of island living.
A virtual tour of the cottage is available on our website. Rates vary depending upon number of nights and guests plus the time of year. Please contact us and we will be happy to email them to you. Gifts Certificates are also available for special occassions. One thing our guests often tell us is how much they enjoy sitting down with our stack of guest books from the past 18 years. It has given us an incredible amount of pleasure being able to offer our guests a special place with the comforts of home that they can return to year after year or whenever they just need a little R & R. Please contact me for our full rate discription. One guest book entry from many years ago when we first started to offer the cottage wrote. "Gail we wish you all of the success in the world but sorry we aren't going to tell anyone about it."
After my initial shock of reading it I thought to myself, what a great compliment.TripAdvisor property ID 3474282...Read more
Left on 09/18/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Sep 18, 2012Stayed Aug 2012
Bluewater Cottage is our weekend getaway when we are in need of peace, quiet, fun and relaxation. The views are perfection, the cabin is beautifully maintained and spotless and the private, clean hot tub with a view the icing on the cake. It takes about 5 minutes to embrace the Bowen Island lifestyle. The cabin has everything that you could possibly need which makes every moment you spend there stress free. Last trip we discovered that yoga on the patio was a perfect way to end the evenings. We have visited 5 times over the past couple of years and we will be back many more! Thank you!
“A Place of Beauty, Serenity, Peace and Relaxation”
Left on 09/09/2012 for a stay in August 2012 | DerekReviewed Sep 9, 2012Stayed Aug 2012
As there's a maximum word count, I'm going to put most of my
review in point form:
- peaceful, tranquil, beautiful
- spectacular sunsets with blazing orange skies
–1000 square feet inside and 1000 square feet or wraparound decking outside and a jacuzzi.
- two well-separated bedrooms and two full bathrooms - use of the tennis court which also overlooks the ocean and is only used by the owners
- access to a path that leads down the hill to a lovely little beach with wonderful swimming
- gracious hosts who are there for you if you have any questions or concerns but who will otherwise happily leave you to your peace and privacy
- Bowen is so close, yet worlds away. We're back home downtown in 50 minutes! Amazing. This means less cost in gas and ferries too.
- For this price, it's good value. Truly an incomparable value and experience.
- If you can't relax at Bluewater, you can't relax anywhere. This is a magical, serene, beautiful place where you're tucked away at the bottom of a dead end street. Nothing but the sound of surf and sea birds, sheer heaven. We tried it years ago and have gone back every summer since! It will pull you back again and again. We'll be back again. Gale and Allan are wonderful hosts and passionate about where they live. We've stayed on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast and never had anything like this for the price! We've had and will continue to make many memories at Bluewater. This is truly a very healing place. Book early as it is popular!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.