Mini apartment in CBD, 1898 Victorian House. 2 Bedroom, 2 Bed, Bath, Kitchen, Parking, Free Internet
Description from the owner
The apartment is a self contained space within a beautiful Victorian house - rare in Brisbane.
It consists of:-
• 2 bedrooms both with deadlocking doors, separately keyed, containing 2 queen size beds.
• Full kitchen with work bench, induction cooker, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, dishwasher, full size fridge, freezer, convection oven, microwave, sink, cutlery including bottle openers, can openers, corkscrews, flatware for 4 people, pots and pans and fire extinguisher.
• Full lockable bathroom, which includes a dual head shower, toilet and hand basin.
• 2 independent studies with desk and chairs, one off each bedroom.
• An enclosed Veranda overlooking the street,
• Hallway, which divides the two bedrooms and connects the front apartment to the rest of the house, as well as providing access to the car park at the rear.
• The wet areas have slip resistant surfaces.
• The apartment has polished wooden floors with the exception of bathroom, kitchen and master bedroom, which is carpeted.
• You have your own private entrance at the front of the property, which has ramp access for disabled as well as an outdoor raised landing area for summer time drinks, or if required a safe area for outside smoking.
• The house, in keeping with Queensland building style is on stumps, stilts or poles depending on your preferred name ( wiki Queenslander_(architecture) for more info ) ☺ this means the house is approx. 2meters off the ground but is still considered a ground floor apartment. All windows have security bars and all external doors are deadlocked.
• The bedroom windows have blackout curtains if you like to sleep late.
• The bedrooms are supplied with Alarm clocks
Built in 1898 the house is a rare example of turn of last century colonial construction. It was recently renovated and is in great condition. It is rare to find a house (with yard) so close to the central business district available for short term rent.
We are 3 Blocks from the heart of the city (Queen St Mall) and 5 minutes walk to central train station; with free CBD loop bus stops less than 2 minutes walk away to take you to city, Southbank, the Botanical Gardens or Fortitude Valley.
My goal is to maintain the rooms to a very high standard.
• All beds have 1200 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets, Four Pillows per bed, Woollen Blankets and Dooner/Duvet for Winter.
• After each guest the rooms are commercially cleaned – hence the cleaning charge. This includes: -
• Fully stripping all bedding including cushion covers, mattress and pillow protectors for commercial laundering.
• Steam and Vacuum Mattresses individually.
• Carpets are steam cleaned each month and thoroughly vacuumed prior to your arrival; a Dyson vacuum and steam mop is available should you wish to vacuum during your stay.
• Polished Wooden floors are mopped then steam cleaned with an antiseptic 100% environment friendly floor wash.
• Bathroom is fully steam cleaned and restocked with Shampoo/ Conditioner / Hand soap.
• All Towels and bathmats are commercially laundered.
• Air conditioner filters and fans are cleaned monthly.
• All kitchen items hand cleaned including work surfaces, and all flatware regardless of indications of use are re dish washed.
I provide a starter pack in the kitchen that includes: -
• Instant Coffee
• Coffee pods for Coffee Machine
• An assortment of premium Tea’s
• 4 Litres of Bottled Water (Brisbane water is fine to drink)
• Tim Tams – An Australian Classic (website: hidden)
• Vegemite – An Australian Classic (website: hidden)
• Nibbles (depends on seasonal variations - nuts, savoury biscuits, fruit bowl etc)
• Cooking Oil
• Loaf of Bread
• Margarine / Butter
For overseas guests I also provide a complementary SIM in case you have just arrived and wish to connect your mobile phone to the Australian mobile network to avoid roaming charges.
I also have a selection of local maps, public transport timetables and tourist information which you are free to take.
The apartment also has a Laser Printer with Paper etc that you are free to use if you require print-outs. I’ve found this especially handy when printing out day trip information or directions. The printer is located in the study area of the bedroom.
The house is equipped with secured wireless Internet. It is connected via high speed ADSL. Usage is unlimited and free of change.
Minimal contact with owner but if you require assistance, or advice, the friendly host lives on site (separately in the other side of the house) so is on hand if you need anything. Fridge is stocked with basics on arrival but if you want specific things just let me know (priced if and when required). Am happy to assist with info on places to visit and things to do.
We appreciate well behaved, considerate guests. Definitely a 'no parties' policy (sorry)....Read more
Mini apartment in CBD, 1898 Victorian House. 2 Bedroom, 2 Bed, Bath, Kitchen, Parking, Free Internet Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
Lovey inner city neighbourhood with lots going on. Many lovely restaurants, cafes and bars in close proximity. During the week full of inner city buzz but on the weekends it's quiet and peaceful. Very picturesque and on the edge of Albert Park, with Roma Street Parklands and short 10 minute stroll away. Close to Riverside markets, Fortitude Valley and the Botanical Gardens.
More About This Location
City vacations, Mountain nearby
Nearest ferry port: Riverside, 0.8 miles Nearest train station: Central, 0.5 miles Nearest airport: Brisbane, 10 miles Car is not necessary
Last updated on May 05, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
44 other Brisbane rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.