Located on the northeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, the town of Cabrera lies in the heart of the Maria Trinidad Sanchez province. This is a small but welcoming place where the beautiful forest reserves just to the east give way to quiet streets and a charming restored local church.
Many people come here in search of a laid back, relaxing vacation on the beach. Many visitors also come here for the kite surfing adventures offered by the challenging winds of the north coast. Others come to scuba dive or explore the mountains and islands of the eastern National Park near El Breton.
No matter what you decide to do while you're here, you'll find the culture of Cabrera warm and hospitable. The traditional local restaurants here are amazing and the nightspots are vibrant and welcoming. Come here to leave your worries behind and enjoy the best of a classic Dominican Republic vacation.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Learn to surf: Take lessons at surfing schools along the Playa Diamante. There may be no better place to learn, since the waves are manageable for beginners but still beautiful.
- Take a culture and history tour by boat: Take a boat trip and learn about the unique landscapes, landmarks and communities that make up the Dominican Republic.
- Take an excursion to the eastern shore: Visit the National Park on the eastern side of the country and go scuba diving and snorkeling near the protected Islands of Saona, Catalina, and Catalinita.
- Play on the beach: Playa Grande, Playa Diamante and La Entrada Beach are the most exciting and popular beaches for visitors. Swim, go parasailing, or just lie in the golden sun and relax.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Experience the live music, dancing, and vibrant energy of the bars and nightlife venues near Orchid Bay Beach and El Caleton Chiquito.
- Take an eco-tour: Explore the serene beauty of the Cabo Frances Viejo National Park Reserve. Go hiking or horseback riding along the trails to overlooks with breathtaking views of the ocean.
Cabrera is laid back, charming and beautifully sunny during every season of the year. No matter when you arrive, you'll have no trouble finding a perfect vacation rental. Rent a condo downtown or find a beautiful villa just a few steps away from the beach. While you're visiting Cabrera, you may also want to take a short trip south along the coast to explore the nearby cities of Nagua and Las Terrenas.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.