About Cape Verde
Situated in West Africa, Cape Verde is a collection of islands and islets also known as Macaronesia. This area was colonized by the Portuguese in the 15th century and features beautiful beaches where exquisite vistas and water sports are a plenty. Some of the most popular activities here are fishing, kite surfing, and jet skiing. While you are in Cape Verde, be sure to take advantage of the area's amazing restaurants serving the freshest seafood as well.
Some of sights you will not want to miss include:
- Santiago Island: This was the first island discovered and settled on in Cape Verde. It is home to the capital city of Praia and is the most populated place in the area. It features the Praia Mar, an exquisite beach, and Fortaleza Real de San Felipe, a renovated fort overlooking the historic town of Cidade Velha.
- Fogo: This island showcases Pico de Fogo, an active volcano. It is an adventure to tour the surroundings and many travelers enjoy doing so via horseback or on foot.
- Brava: Brava, the smallest island of Cape Verde, can only be reached by boat. This secluded piece of paradise features unique flora that dwell in the area's lush and misty forests.
- Mindelo: This is a port city located on the Cape Verde island of Sao Vicente. Mindelo is a lively place that features good restaurants, arts, innovative architecture, and entertainment.
- Santa Maria: Predominantly known as a fishing city, in recent years Santa Maria has begun to boom with the opening of numerous restaurants, bars, and shops that now line its main streets.
- Pedra Lume Salt Crater: Located on Sal island, this well-known attraction consists of salt ponds that reside inside a dead volcano's crater.
A vacation rental is the best way to enjoy all of the comforts of home while you are in Cape Verde. Vacation rentals are a great way to make the most of your time here, whether you are on a Cape Verde honeymoon, a family vacation, or a spring break trip with your friends.