While in Capri, visit the churches and historical attractions, enjoy some of the best restaurants and food in all of Italy, or just taking in the views of the mountains and ocean that surround you.
Place yourself in the middle of all the nightlife and bustling action by heading to Via Campo di Teste, or enjoy the great outdoors with the hiking options in the town of Anacapri. Or, head to the nearby harbor for views you can usually only find on a postcard.
Be sure to make time for these other must-see attractions and destinations in Capri:
- Villa Jovis: This former residence of the Emperor Tiberius is also within close proximity to some of the other main attractions in Capri like the Lighthouse Tower and the Church of Santa Maria del Soccorso.
- Villa San Michele: Head to the villa for breathtaking views of the island from the gardens. While you are here, have a taste of Capri's famous Limoncello liquor.
- Church of San Michele Arcangelo: Admire the tile floor here that consists of a mosaic depicting the banishment of Adam and Eve.
- Blue Grotto: This cave, located just at the water's edge, has a tiny opening to the sea that opens and closes with the tide.
- Take a Boat Tour: Many local companies offer boat tours that will take you around several of the famous grottos.
- Watch the Sunrise: Sunrises in Capri start as a deep violet, before changing from pink to orange to gold.
Live music and exhibits from local galleries are held here throughout the year however there are also several huge annual festivals held in Capri. Watch independent films and future Hollywood blockbusters at the internationally renowned Capri Film Festival in December, celebrate the harvesting of the local grapes for the 10 day party in September known as Settembrata Ancaprese, or head to the main square for live bands and folk dance performances during the International Folklore Festival in August.
With homes ranging from rustic cabins, to high-end condos downtown, there's a vacation rental in Capri that is perfect for your next getaway. For a truly unforgettable vacation experience, rent a spacious villa with beautiful ocean views right out your front door.
Public buses are plentiful in Capri and can take you anywhere on the island. You can also take the mountain tram known as the funicolare that connects the harbor with the towns uphill. Ferries from the port in Capri are your best bet day trips to the volcanoes of Pompeii, the steep hills and Mediterranean coastline of Amalfi, or the big city charm of Naples.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.