Located close to Palm Springs and considered an oasis in the California desert, Cathedral City welcomes visitors from all over. If you're looking for a vacation getaway to a place where summer happens all year long, come to Cathedral City and enjoy its quaint shopping districts, live music performances, and first class dining venues.
There are plenty of things to do in the heart of the city. Explore the public works of art and beautiful green spaces of Aqua Caliente and Century Park. Relax in a luxury spa. Or, enjoy a cappuccino and rest your feet at an outdoor cafe. And in the evenings, sample authentic California cuisine at Cathedral City's world-class restaurants.
When you're ready for adventure, head to the hills and rivers of Whitewater Canyon for hiking, boating, and mountain biking experiences. You'll never run out of places to go and things to do in the Cathedral City and Palm Springs area.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Play a round of golf: Cathedral City and the Palm Springs area are known for their challenging and well-maintained emerald golf courses. Tee off at the Cathedral Canyon Country Club or the Cimarron Golf Club.
- Go horseback riding: Explore the desert and canyon on horseback or take private equestrian lessons at any of the stables in the Cathedral City area.
- Go fishing: Take a fishing excursion into Whitewater Canyon. You may also want to take a guided tour and fishing trip to the Whitewater Canyon Hatchery.
- See a game: Visit Big League Dreams Sports Park in February as it annually hosts the NCAA Women's Softball Tournament, also called the Cathedral City Classic.
- See the Fountain of Life: This award winning work of public art located in the town square draws visitors to the city all year round.
- See a show: See a live performance or amazing 3D movie at the Mary Pickford Theater or the downtown Desert IMAX.
You'll find plenty of places to stay in Cathedral City no matter what season you choose to schedule your visit. Find a sleek summer condo close the heart of the city's shopping venues and nightlife. You can also book a vacation rental or beautiful desert villa with easy access to the rivers and canyons.
Great rentals within 20 miles that match your search
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.