The largest of three magnificent villas that make up the Sangsuri estate on Koh Samui, Villa Sangsuri 1 is an expansive seven bedroom property built over a series of wide, lawned and landscaped terraces that step down to an undisturbed stretch of beach just north of the islands main tourist area, Chaweng.
Making full use of the dramatic,sloping cliffside location, the architect has created a supremely comfortable and luxurious tropical retreat that is essentially a private resort and therefore well suited to groups or large families.
The villas multiple levels house comfortable bedroom pavilions with private sky gardens and sun terraces, all of which draw in calming views of the ocean and a picturesque, uninhabited offshore island known as Koh Matlang. The generous, furnished open-plan lounge and dining space folds open onto a fabulous 22 metre pool and steps lead from a wide beachside lawn directly onto the soft Samui sand.
Sangsuri Villa 1 is the perfect choice for a private wedding or celebration with two connected and equally expansive luxury villas located right next door. The estate can comfortably accommodate groups of 30 more guests and the property also features a dedicated 8-bunk childrens dorm making it one of the islands top choice family holiday villas.
An automated gate at the villas roadside entrance opens onto a car park area and staff quarters with the villas only two-storey accommodation occupying the top level of the grounds to the left. This building houses a yoga studio and comfortable AV room on the lower floor, the latter furnished with a sizeable sofa and wall mounted flatscreen TV with DVD, satellite channels and powerful sound system. The upper floor is home to a spacious and colourful childrens dorm with comfortable, contemporary bunk beds for eight children and an ensuite bathroom with shower room and toilet. A guest or nannys bedroomis directly opposite the dorm, also with its own bathroom, and all offer stunning views of the coast and ocean below.
From the upper level entrance, a series of steps lead down to five more expansive landscaped terraces housing the guest bedrooms and living pavilions. The next level down is backed by a tall planted wall and opens onto Bedrooms 4 and 5, both of which are surrounded by pebbled water features and boast private garden terraces with spectacular views and the choice of in or outdoor showers in the ensuite bathrooms.
Wide central stone steps then lead down to another bedroom level, where Bedrooms 2 and 3 both slide open onto their own covered terraces and lawns. Both bedrooms feature walk-in wardrobes and a choice of indulgent bathing options. Bedroom 3 opens onto an outdoor bath tub, Bedroom 2 onto an outdoor shower.
One more level down leads to the villas open-plan lounge, dining space and double kitchen, all fronted by wood and glass doors that open onto a lawned terrace and generous seaview pool. The living space is furnished in a contemporary style with three comfortable sofas, a coffee table, as well as two dining tables that provide mealtime seating for up to 16 people. A resort style kitchen, breakfast area, built-in barbecue and covered, furnished relaxation sala - plus a separate guest bathroom - not only make this space an indulgent private lounge, but also an ideal venue for entertaining guests.
The villas penultimate level houses the fabulous master suite, which also opens onto a private covered oceanview terrace and boast two bathrooms, one with shower, the other home to an indulgent standing bath-tub for a soothing sea view soak. From there, steps lead down to the oceanside lawn, furnished with sun loungers overlooking the beach. A high wall at one end features a built-in projector screen so the garden can be transformed into an outdoor cinema.
An open air shower allows guests to rinse off after a walk on the beach and massage sala completes the tropical scene, poised within earshot of the lapping waves for the ultimate in private relaxation.
Staying at the Villa
Villa Sangsuri 1 is an extravagant private resort hidden away in a stunning, peaceful beachside location. Guests can enjoy every possible private amenity and intelligent designs mean large groups have an appealing blend of communal and private spaces to explore. Serene ocean views are a constant pleasure and the villa is surrounded by colourful tropical flowers.
The villas chic, contemporary design scheme is nicely balanced against a more rustic feel that includes thatched-roof bedroom pavillions and shuttered bathrooms. A harmonious balance is easily achieved between in and outdoor living as you wander between the various spaces and levels that make up this impressive and expansive residence. Days easily pass lazing by the pool or on the beach, punctuated by al fresco meals prepared to order by the villas private chef.
Evenings are equally relaxed and appealing, with a wide choice of places to gather, socialise and dine under the stars, serenaded by the sound of the gentle sea, always just a stroll away and almost constantly in view. Children will be as content as their parents with a private beach to comb, a generous lawn to play on and of course the unique addition of their own dedicated dorm and TV den to hang out in, safely supervised day and night.
Villa Sangsuri 1 is perfect for weddings, anniversary gatherings, parties or just as the ideal place to spend quality time with friends or family in the comfort and privacy of a superlative private beachfront residence.
*remark Villa1 has Six bedrooms plus childrens bunk room
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* State-of-the-art sound system with iPad controls
* Pull down garden projector screen
* Built-in barbecue unit
* Yoga studio/games room with table tennis table
* Access to estate gym at Villa Sangsuri 2
* Safes in all the bedrooms
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as communicating requests to the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
* Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
* Full time staff, and day maids.
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available on request (terms private tours can also be arranged
* Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability
* Massage service on request (extra charge)
* Daily turndown,
* Wine list available.
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, estate gym, outdoor cinema, 1, corporate retreat villas, on request, on site thai chef, group couples villa, full time staff....Read more
Sangsuri Villa 1 Chaweng Noi Beach, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
Villa Sangsuri 1 is one of three villas that occupy a quiet, unspoilt stretch of beach on the east coast of Koh Samui. The villa is located 10 minutes drive from the Samui International Airport, 5 minutes from the modest beachside town of Choeng Mon and 10 minutes from the larger, popular tourist town of Chaweng. A number of quality resorts and villas are also located in the area, but all three Sangsuri villas are shielded from outside view and sit within their own beautifully landscaped, lawned and sheltered oceanside grounds.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Daily rates of 6 bedroom and bunk bedroom (12 adult plus 8 kids) start from US$ 1,650 to 2,700 depending on season.
* Reduced occupancy rates of 3 bedrooms and bunk bedroom (6 adult plus 8 kids) available from US$ 1,500 to 2,550 depending on season.
* Reduced occupancy rates of 2 bedrooms and bunk bedroom (4 adult plus 8 kids) available from US$ 1,350 to 2,400 depending on season.
* Please ask for an exact quote at the time of enquiry from IPSL Reservations as rates will vary depending on Season which includes: Intermediate, High, Prime and C'Mas/NY.
* Rates include daily continental breakfast
* Daily rates include a Thai Chef service (food cost on Guests account)
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Airport transfer: US$25 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
* For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
/ night - / night - manager terms applymanager terms apply
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.