Flanked by its two sister properties, Villa Sangsuri 2 is one of three stunning villas that make up the impressive Sangsuri Estate on Koh Samui.
The capacious 6-bedroom villa is designed as a series of enchanting, stand-alone living and sleeping pavilions set over four levels and spread through beautiful landscaped grounds overlooking a quiet stretch of beach just a couple of kilometres north of the islands main tourist centre, Chaweng.
The villa strikes a perfect balance between modern, ultra-stylish architectural designs and natural elegance, drawing on the striking beauty of the location with open-sided, thatched roof dining and lounge pavilions, glass walled bedrooms and slatted, sliding wooden shutter panels surrounding the dining pavillion and master suite. These deft touches ensure guests are truly immersed in the richness of the lush, tropical setting while at the same time cushioned in sophisticated modern luxury.
The villas lower level, covered poolside lounge is the perfect space to wile away the day immersed in a good book with your favourite tunes piped through villas the built-in speakers, or to recline on a daybed in front of a movie on the pull down cinema screen. More active souls will love the villas two inviting ocean view swimming pools, while a huge beachside jacuzzi makes regular dips irresistible.
Mealtimes are also a memorable private pleasure, with a choice of al fresco dining spaces in which to enjoy delicious home cooked meals prepared by the villas in-house chef. Guests wanting to work off all the good food can make use of the estates on-site gym, fitted with top-end machines. Alternatively, a stroll or jog down the beach is rewarded with a close up view of the nearby uninhabited offshore island of Koh Matlang.
An all but hidden remote controlled gate opens onto a private gravel driveway that serves both Villa Sangsuri 2 and Villa Sangsuri 3, with space for several cars to park and an designated area for the night security guard. The drive also leads to the villas only multi-storey storey pavillion, which houses staff quarters upstairs and a spacious ground floor gym equipped with Life Fitness(R) equipment for cardio and muscle work.
A double guest bedroom occupies the ground floor of the same building and opens onto its own private, ocean view terrace with an on-suite bathroom to the rear. Stairs inside the bedroom connect to a basement level, which houses a spacious twin bedroom ideal for older children with its own walk-in wardrobe and ensuite shower.
From the upper level bedrooms, steps made of balinese stone descend around an old tree to the first of two expansive lawned and planted areas, backed by an attractive, planted wall. Two more bedroom suites occupy their own standalone bungalows at the rear of the spacious grounds. Bedroom 3 features two walk-in wardrobes and internal doors that slide open onto a planted, tropical bathroom. Bedroom 4 boasts a similar layout to Bedroom 3, but with the ensuite bathroom positioned to the rear of the bungalow. Both are beautifully furnished and decorated in subtle earth tones.
Also on the same level, paths cross water features in the lawned garden and connect to the kitchen, lounge and dining spaces, all of which occupy their own separate thatched roof pavilions. The lounge is furnished with a long cushioned sofa and day bed, the kitchen features a central island breakfast bar and both areas protected from the elements with automated blinds. The ocean view dining pavillion seats 8 to10 guests and is surrounded on three sides by slatted wooded shutters that rotate to draw in the soothing ocean views.
Also on this level, an infinity edged plunge pool fronts the master bedroom pavilion, the latter sliding open on three sides to draw in the stunning views. The suite includes a generously sized double bedroom with additional oversized sofa, antique Balinese wooden carvings and striking original art, as well as ample built-in storage in a walk-in wardrobe area and a spacious ensuite bathroom. The master suite opens onto a private terrace to the rear, featuring a huge outdoor bathtub and a secluded private sun terrace with two sunbeds overlooking the beach.
Internal stairs lead directly down from inside the master suite to a sizeable day lounge area on the villas lower level, also reached via steps next to the dining pavilion and positioned next to the villas second, larger swimming pool (21 metres). The comfortable covered lounge area is furnished with a sofa and daybed poised for relaxed. Theres a guest bathroom, a second kitchen and barbecue area in this part of the villa, that latter serving a 10-seater outdoor dining table on a terrace right next to the beach. The terrace extends along the beachfront and hosts a comfortable daybed with steps down into a huge beachside jacuzzi pool.
Bedroom 2 also occupies the villas beachside terrace level and sits at the far end of the poolside garden. The room boasts sea views right from the bed and also offers guests a dual walk-in wardrobe and a bathroom its own with private garden.
Sangsuri Villa 2 connects directly with Sangsuri Villa 3, which means groups have the option to rent the two villas as one expansive 11 bedroom property.
Staying at Sangsuri Villa 2
The unique layout and designs at Sangsuri Villa 2 effortlessly bring together nature and contemporary luxury, allowing guests to spend the majority of their time outdoors enjoying the stunning vistas and soothing tropical surroundings, but also with every indulgence, comfort and convenience at their fingertips.
The efficient live-in staff take take care of the details - everything from maintenance and repairs to special guest requests and recommendations - and a private chef is on hand to prepare delicious Thai and Western meals to be enjoyed in one of the many comfortable al fresco dining areas.
The beachside day lounge and swimming pool offer everything you could possibly need to pass lazy days enjoying island life to the full. Its perfectly possible to spend most of your time in this part of the villa; swimming and sunbathing during the day, then returning for evening cocktails, followed by a barbecue, and then relaxing in the lounge with a movie on the pull down projector screen. All this with the gentle sound of the lapping waves in the background.
The abundance of trees and flowers really adds to the pleasure of the stay, as do the many artefacts and collectables placed throughout the villa, which not only create a strong sense of location, but also cleverly bring a homely ambiance to the residence despite its open-plan layouts and considerable size.
The spacious, multi-level design of the villa also means it is easy for guests to balance communal and private holiday time. The private facilities and onsite services are second to none, the fact that the villas on the Sangsuri estate offer direct access to a quiet beach is a rare luxury in itself.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time. VILLA FACILITIES
* Integrated sound system with iPad control centre
* Onsite estate gym with Life Fitness equipment
* Barbecue in the beach club area
* Safes in all bedrooms
* The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as communicating requests to the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
* Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
* Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
* Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
* Full time staff, and day maids.
* On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available on request (terms private tours can also be arranged
* Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability
* Massage service on request (extra charge)
* Daily turndown
* Wine list available
Additional amenities include: beachfront villa, corporate retreat villas, estate gym, 4 full time staff, on request, group couples villa, on site thai chef.TripAdvisor property ID 3090831...Read more
Sangsuri Villa 2 Chaweng Noi Beach, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, Thailand
Additional Location Information
Villa Sangsuri 2 is one of three villas that occupy an unspoilt beachside area on the east coast of Koh Samui. The villa is located 10 minutes drive from the Samui International Airport, 5 minutes from the modest beach town of Choeng Mon and 10 minutes from the larger, popular tourist town of Chaweng. A number of resorts and villas are also located in the area, but all three Sangsuri villas are shielded from outside view and sit within their own beautifully landscaped, lawned and sheltered oceanside grounds.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Daily rates of 6 bedroom start from US$ 1,550 to 2,600 depending on season.
* Reduced occupancy rates of 3 bedrooms available from US$ 1,400 to 2,450 depending on season.
* Reduced occupancy rates of 2 bedrooms available from US$ 1,250 to 2,300 depending on season.
* Please ask for an exact quote at the time of enquiry from IPSL Reservations as rates will vary depending on Season which includes: Intermediate, High, Prime and C'Mas/NY.
* Rates include daily continental breakfast
* Daily rates include a Thai Chef service (food cost on Guests account)
* Rates shown are for a maximum of 12 (twelve) Guests including children. Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
* Airport transfer: US$ 25 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
* Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
* Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
* Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
* For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
/ night - / night - manager terms applymanager terms apply
Request more information
Contact the manager
You have gone over the limit for submitting inquiries in a certain amount of time. Please wait a moment before trying to submit another.
This helps to eliminate SPAM and keeps the bad guys out.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.