Waterfront - Orchid Bay Casita 9A
From $110 / night
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Orchid Bay is a resort community located on a protected cove on the beautiful Bay of Chetumal in northern Belize. We are located 12 miles East of Corozal. Between the villages of Copper Bank and Chunox.
Casita 9A is an 1150 sq ft 2 bedroom (one is a loft) one bath home with complete kitchen, air conditioning, and a large screened in porch right on the waterfront. It has beautiful Belizean hardwood ceilings, loft walls, and furniture. The casitas are set in a lush tropical garden right on the waterfront. Casita 9A is the most secluded casita at Orchid Bay with a double water view (north and west) from the screened in porch. The Maya Dock boardwalk, ...Read more
Waterfront - Orchid Bay Casita 9A
Corozal Town, Corozal, Belize
Additional Location Information
Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Hobie Cat, and Kayaks are on site. Paddle Boards are available to rent from the restaurant (Tradewinds Bar & Grill). Wireless internet is available for a fee. Laundry service is available from the on site property manager. Arrangements can be made for excursions to Maya Ruins, Cave Tubing, and much more. It is recommended that you stay out at one of the islands on the reef if you want to Snorkel or Scuba Dive. Orchid Bay is pleasantly remote, yet not isolated. Corozal Town (population 10,000) is about 12 miles away, while Chetumal, Mexico (the state capital of Quintana Roo Mexico, population about 260,000), is just across the Mexican border another 8 miles north of Corozal Town.
How to get here:
Car rentals are available at the airport, or Belize VIP Transfers can provide transportation from Belize City or Chetumal, Mexico.
Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City and rent a 4X4. (All agencies have them) There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx. 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide a map)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a dirt/gravel/bumpy road. You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. These are pretty cool as you ask the gentlemen if it's o.k. for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
b) Take the paved Northern Highway to Orange Walk. Then turn to San Estevan, Little Belize and then to Orchid Bay. This is the best option if you are coming from the airport in Belize City! It is about a 2 hour drive.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay.
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire a transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$45) or rent a vehicle in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.
You can drive your vehicle to the Casita to unload and then park in the lot by the water tower.
More About This Location
Warm winter getaways, Waterfront
Nearest airport: Philip SW Goldson International Airport in Belize City, 79.97 miles
Car is recommended
Last updated on February 27, 2015
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 9 other Corozal Town rentalsCheck Availability for Corozal Town
- Housekeeping Optional
- High chair
- Alarm Clock
- Hair dryer
- Towels Provided
- A/C or climate control
- Ceiling Fans
- Local Guides/Maps
- Linens Provided
Phone / Internet
- Wireless Internet
Pool / Spa
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Ocean or water views
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Boat available
- 6 Dining chairs
- 4 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - no
- Smoking allowed - no
- Suitable for children - over five
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no