Description from the owner
Description from the owner
INTERNET AND CABLE TV.
Orchidea House is a cozy one-story house situated in a privileged area in the Village of the Capuchos. It is a completely remodeled with all amenities for a holiday calm and peaceful, ideal for hiking or biking. You can walk or bike through the surrounding area, finding just 700 meters from the Convento dos Capuchos, the Belvedere of the Capuchos and the protected area Arrábida.
The Orchidea House is 500 meters from the golf course, gym and pool Village of the Capuchos, the same distance from the tennis court and playground of the Funchalinho. It is well located for a beach holiday, lying 3 km from the beaches ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate: 100%
- Response time: A few hours
- Calendar updated: 1 month ago
House 3km from the beach - Orchidea Batuca Costa da Caparica, Costa de Lisboa, Portugal
Additional Location Information
You can find all the services you will need during your stay: good restaurants, supermarket, bakery, cyber cafe, pharmacy, shopping mall and a relaxed small garden very close. Two of the best Golf courses in Portugal are in the vicinity - Aroeira I e Aroeira II and one in Capuchos (0,5km)
When visiting Costa da Caparica one cannot miss some fabulous places:
- Convent of Capuchos is one of them. Located in a cliff, has the most magnificent sea view and allows a privileged sight of the entire region. Here you can enjoy the magnificent late afternoons of Caparica, with the sun diving in to the Atlantic Ocean.
- During the summer (July to September), you can choose to go on a trip in the charismatic “Transpraia”. A small tram that crosses 11 km of beach front, through the sand dunes that compose the shoreline, allowing you to enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
- You can also choose to visit “Mata dos Medos”, a rich biological and botanical reserve, greatly visited for its excellent conditions of recreation, leisure and sport. “Mata dos Medos” is inserted in the protected landscape area of “Arriba Fossil”, a geologic formation composed of sedimentary rocks with about 15 million years, rich in fossil material, one of the most important geologic places in Europe.
- Costa da Caparica possesses some of the best and more beautiful beaches of Portugal. Throughout 30 km of seashore, you will be able to find the most various beaches, with characteristics to please all: since the most lively beaches in the center of the village, to the almost deserted beaches (and naturist) of the south zone, passing through the most ideal for water or sand sports (volley, soccer).
- Costa da Caparica, breathes sport through its extensive beach front, where worldwide class waves break of, strong winds blow, a vast cliff (“Arriba”) raises, from which it’s possible to fly through the skies or go for long walks or descendings in Mountain bike. For the initiates, there is a wide range of schools and clubs that allows to take knowledge of the bases of the sport and to initiate practice in ideal conditions of security and quality:
Surf e Body board – Central and south beaches
Windsurf – Cova do vapor e São João da Caparica beaches
Kite surf - Nova Vaga beach
Scuba diving - Sesimbra and in the wonderful protected area of Arrábida (within 25 minutes drive)
Fishing - All the central beaches
Mountain Biking / Cycling – “Arriba” Fossil, exclusive bike via Costa Caparica - Trafaria, northern beach front and Apostiça
Hiking – Natural area of “Mata dos Medos” and protected landscape area of “Arriba Fóssil”
Paragliding – Fonte da Telha beach
Tennis - Centro de Lazer de São João da Caparica
Horse Riding – Monte da Caparica, Capuchos and Charneca da Caparica
- You can also enjoy the lively Costa da Caparica nightlife in a variety of nightclubs and beach bars. Some are open all year.
- You cannot miss all the good restaurants in the surrounding area, with delicious fish and seafood – next to the beach or in Trafaria (4 km away) and Porto Brandão.
- You have several buses leaving 400 m from the house, that will take you to a metro station in Lisbon (Praça de Espanha, Campo Pequeno or Areeiro), the best way to get around inside the city.
- You can also take a bus to the Pragal Train Station and experience the spectacular railway crossing of 25 of April Bridge with its magnificent view (get out in Sete Rios, Entre Campos or Areeiro Station and take the metro).
- An excellent alternative is to take a bus to the ferry station in Cacilhas (5 km) or Trafaria (4 km). If you choose Trafaria to cross the breathtaking Tagus river (30 minutes), the trip ends in Belém, a historical Lisbon quarter, where you can visit the Jerónimos Monastery, beautiful gardens, Belém Tower and the famous Cultural Center. Don't forget to visit the traditional pastry "Pastéis de Belém", the most famous bakery in Portugal that dates back to 1837 and is the unique place where you can taste the cakes that gives the cafe its name. One will never be enough!
- To visit the most beautiful beaches (southern front beach) is advisable to go by car or bicycle. During the summer (July to September) you can take the very typical coast tram "Transpraia" and enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, City vacations, Mountain nearby, Rural retreats, Warm winter getaways, Waterfront
Nearest airport: Lisboa, 20.01 miles
Nearest train station: Pragal, 1.99 miles
Nearest ferry port: Cacilhas, 3.98 miles
Car is not necessary