Benheath House Penthouse Apartment
From $243 / night
Description from the owner
Description from the owner
Type: Apt. / Condo
Benheath House Penthouse Apartment is set in the superbly renovated Victorian building, Benheath, overlooking the town park of Crieff and mountains beyond. The views from lovely south facing balcony set this apartment apart from the competition, with stunning views over the town park and Scottish Highlands. There are 2 double bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
The apartment is newly renovated and furnished, so they are very well equipped, with high quality finishes including underfloor heating, luxury kitchen. Wifi. There is private parking and secure entry system, storage shed for bikes/golf clubs as well as nice communal gardens. As the apartment is on ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate: 90%
- Response time: Within a day
- Calendar updated: 4 weeks ago
Additional Location Information
Crieff, the gateway to the Highlands, is situated just an hours drive from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, and just 30 minutes from both Stirling and Perth, so it is an ideal location for exploring Scotland. Crieff is located in Central Perthshire, known as the Big Tree Country, and there are fantastic walks, hikes, cycling routes which allow visitors to enjoy the great outdoors. Check out the links on the right hand side to explore what Crieff has to offer.
Golf is a way of life in Perthshire and there are over 300 courses in the county ranging from our own local 18 hole course to the world-class championship courses at Gleneagles, 8 miles away. Have a look at the various links on the left hand side, to get a good feel for what Crieff has to offer. Every summer, Crieff hosts the Crieff Highland Games, which attracts great crowds to the town, have a look at this click from the 2007 Games.
Situated in the very heart of Scotland, Perthshire represents the perfect place to find all that you expect of a great Scottish holiday. Most of Perthshire is little more than one hour by road or rail from Glasgow or Edinburgh, but a world apart.
Guests always ask what is the area like, so I created my Top 10 things to do in the Crieff area, If you manage to tick off these you will be guaranteed to have a wonderful time and want to come back again. So here we go....
1. Ring of Breadalbane Explorer - this is the bus which does a loop around Perthshire, and you can bring your bikes and pop on and pop off when you like. The bus stop is from the Crieff Hydro Hotel (just 5 min walk from the apartment). I would stop off in Killin and cycle to Lochearnhead (when you get the bus again). Stop off at Kenmore and Aberfeldy both lovely villages
2. Spend the day Perth for a day, 20 min drive from Crieff and go for a walk along the Tay and up to Kinoull Hill
3. Get the train to Edinburgh for the day, in August the Edinburgh festival is on, but any time of the year is a great time to visit
4. Hang out in Crieff for the day, some great walks / cycles around the area (go to the Tourist Office for details, which is in the centre of the town)
5. Go to Delivinos for lunch / evening one day (in the centre of town), and definitely go to Yanns for dinner one evening (on the Perth Road, just 5 mins walk from the apartment), lovely French / Scottish restaurant, you will need to book in advance, as it's very busy
6. Cycle / Walk to Famous Grouse Distillery (about 1 mile away) Scottish oldest distillery, there is a great tour, easy on the whiskey! you'll fall off your bike on the way home. There is a nice walk over the Knock (the hill in Crieff) where the Crieff Hydro is, down the other side to the The Famous Grouse and then you can walk around the river Earn back to Crieff
7. Hang out in MaCrosty Park and Taylor Park, down by the river, lovely parks for a picnic
8. Get the bus to Comrie, cute village next to Crieff (you can cycle there as well, take the back road, its quieter and more scenic. Go for a coffee/lunch in the Royal Hotel in Comrie. Cycle/Drive up to the WW2 Prisoner of War camp, very usually place, but worth a visit.
9. Cycle/ Drive over to Gleneagles Hotel (home of the Ryder Cup in 2014), 5 star world famous hotel, wonderful ESPA spa and restaurants which the public can use. If you want to push the boat out, go to Andrew Fairleys Restaurant (Scotlands only 2 Micheln star restaurant) - you will definitely need to book in advance and bring lots of cash!. Taxi will be about £10 each way, posh clothes required!! great experience.
10. Cycle / Drive to Drummond Gardens just outside Crieff, very impressive gardens, there is a very cool tree-lined long driveway up to the castle.
I hope you like the list and enjoy your time in Crieff. John
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Nearest train station: Gleneagles train station, 8.02 miles
Nearest airport: Edinburgh, 50.02 miles
Car is recommended