This 550 sqft colonial apartment will keep you super comfortable during your stay in Cuenca. Enjoy the comforts of a home for what you’d pay for an average hotel (where all you get is a room with a bed and bathroom)!
Following the description of this apartment (at the bottom) is a 'checklist' of things you might consider when examining other properties. Be sure to look it over so you get the RIGHT FIT FOR YOU!!!
Now, about this apartment.....
Situated in a historic building located in the heart of El Centro. Everything you want is just steps outside your door.
* Short stroll to the Cathedral and Parque Calderon.
* EZ walk to large Mercado featuring local grown fruits and vegetables plus meats and seafood.
* Lots of eateries from cheap $3 lunches to upscale restaurants.
* Pharmacies, medical/dental offices, and hospital all nearby.
* Want a taxi or a bus? They're ripe for picking anywhere you happen to be in El Centro.
* Nearby is the flower market and a plaza lined with Otovalan vendors selling beautiful fabrics, clothing, shawls, scarves, tapestries, etc.
The apartment has been completely remodeled with new flooring, plumbing, toilet, furniture, paint, bed, etc etc.
The living room is long and spacious, outfitted with a love seat, single-sofa-chair and work (ugh!) desk. Enjoy the wall-mounted flat screen TV (with HDMI ports so you can watch (even USA TV stations!) from your laptop), or more than 100 DVD's of your choosing to play on the DVD player.
The bedroom is large with a Queen bed, full bath, and built-in closet. There's an additional desk in the bedroom as well.
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need (except food!)…gas cooktop/oven, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker, food processor, and tall refrigerator. Coffee/tea, condiments, cooking oil and spices are also provided.
Need to do laundry? No problemo as you have your own washer AND dryer (rare here) in the apt. OH!! A cell phone AND internet are provided, too!
Yet another feature is the rooftop terrace (exclusive for my guests only) with table and chairs, and great views daytime or nighttime.
Availability: Please consult the online calendar for dates available vs booked. I keep my calendar current at all times.
Pricing: You'll find the daily cost of this apartment to be less than an average hotel here in Cuenca, especially when you consider the additional expenses of eating out all the time. AND, if you stay a month or longer, you'll get a significantly discounted month-rate, saving you even MORE money!! Ask yourself..."How many nights would I get for the same price, if I stayed at a hotel?”
FULL DISCLOSURE: This building (as is 95% in Cuenca) does not have an elevator. The apartment requires a 2-flight walk-up.
When you arrive in Cuenca, I will pick you up at your arrival point (whether that be the airport, bus terminal, or van service), bring you to the apartment, give you a short orientation, answers any questions, and hand over the keys!!
A CHECKLIST WHEN VIEWING OTHER PROPERTIES
* Location. Can you walk to most everything you'll want to do, or do you always need to take a taxi or bus?
* Does the unit have hot water at the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (rare here), and piped to the shower?
* Does the shower have direct-piped hot water, or one of those electric shower-heads that produce only lukewarm water (known as 'widow-makers')?
* Does the unit have an oven or just a cooktop?
* Does it have both a washer and dryer IN the unit?
* Does it have a tiny fridge? Is it sitting on the floor where you darn near have to get on your knees to get anything?
* If 2 people are sleeping in the same bed, can they walk around both sides of the bed? Is the bed FULL or QUEEN?
* Is the bed(s) located in the SAME space as the living room?
* Does the furniture look comfortable or is it rigid and formal and/or crammed together in a tiny space?
* Does the kitchen provide all the tools, gadgets, and small appliances you'll want to 'get the job done'?
These kinds of things can make the difference between an 'okay' experience and a great one. Closely examine the photos in each listing and look for details in the descriptive write-up.TripAdvisor property ID 2124204...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.