This 550 sqft colonial apartment will keep you super comfortable during your stay in Cuenca. Enjoy the comforts of a home (rather than just a bed in a room) for what you'd pay for an average hotell!
Following the description of this apartment (at the bottom) is a 'checklist' of things you might consider when examining other properties. Be sure to look it over so you get the RIGHT FIT FOR YOU!!!
Now, about this apartment.....
Situated in an old colonial building located smack dab in the middle of El Centro. Everything you want is just steps outside your door.
• 2 blocks to the Cathedral and Parque Calderon.
• 2 blocks to a large Mercado featuring local grown fruits and vegetables plus meats and seafood.
• Lots of eateries from cheap $3 lunches to upscale restaurants.
• Pharmacies, medical/dental offices, and hospital all nearby.
• Want a taxi? A bus? They're just a block away.
* Right outside the building is the San Francisco plaza lined with Otovalan vendors selling beautiful fabrics, clothing, shawls, scarves, tapestries, etc.
The apartment has been completely remodeled with new flooring, plumbing, toilet, furniture, paint, bed, etc etc.
The living room is long and spacious, outfitted with a love seat, single-sofa-chair and work (ugh!) desk. Enjoy the wall-mounted flat screen TV (with HDMI ports so you can watch (even USA TV stations!) from your portable internet device), or a host of DVD's of your choosing to play on the DVD player.
The bedroom is large with a Queen bed, full bath, and built-in closet. There's an additional desk in the bedroom as well.
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you'll need (except food!)…gas cooktop/oven, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker, food processor, and tall refrigerator.
Dining is 'special' in that it's located just outside the kitchen, OUTSIDE!! Don't worry, it's completely covered and 80% enclosed....so it's like eating inside, but outside! Capish? When it rains, it's romance at its best listening to the roar of the rain hitting the ceilings overhead.
Need to do laundry? No problemo as you have your own washer AND dryer (rare here in EC) in the apt. OH!! A cell phone AND internet are provided, too! Yet another bonus...the rooftop patio with table, umbrella, and chairs, and great views daytime or nightime.
Hey! Need dental work done? A well-respected dentist and his partners are located on the ground floor of the building.
Availability: Please consult the online calendar for dates available vs booked. There is a 4 night minimum stay, with a 60 day maximum.
Pricing: $44 a night (less than a Motel 6 in Seattle, Dallas, or Charlotte!). Staying more than 22 days? Then you'll qualify for the month rate ($990) which means your daily cost drops significantly to only $33 a night!! A savings of $330 (25%)! Think of it...how many nights in a nice hotel would $990 buy you anywhere else around the world? Less than 10?? I recently paid $100 a night for a Motel 6 in Miami! And this is a fully furnished apartment!!
FULL DISCLOSURE: This building (as is 95% in Cuenca) does not have an elevator. The apartment requires a 2-flight walk-up.
Pickup is provided whether you arrive in Cuenca at the airport, bus terminal, or van service.
YOUR CHECKLIST WHEN VIEWING OTHER PROPERTIES
* Location. Can you walk to most everything you'll want to do, or do you always need to take a taxi or bus?
* Does the unit have hot water at the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (rare here), and piped to the shower?
* Does the shower have direct-piped hot water, or one of those electric shower-heads that produce only lukewarm water (known as 'widow-makers')?
* Does the unit have an oven or just a cooktop?
* Does it have both a washer and dryer IN the unit?
* Does it have a tiny fridge? Is it sitting on the floor where you darn near have to get on your knees to get anything?
* If 2 people are sleeping in the same bed, can they walk around both sides of the bed?
* Is the bed(s) located in the SAME space as the living room?
* Does the furniture look comfortable or is it rigid and formal and/or crammed together in a tiny space?
* Does the kitchen provide all the tools, gadgets, and small appliances you'll want to 'get the job done'?
These kinds of things can make the difference between an 'okay' experience and a great one. Closely examine the photos in each listing and look for details in the descriptive write-up....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.