Come and experience life in the country-side of Old Salento, next to a wood of pecan nuts.
It is the first bio pecan nut wood in Europe!
Things you can do while at Casetta Carya - Sirgole:
- Explore Old Salento
- Not explore Old Salento
- Enjoy the countryside's dolce far niente
- Enjoy the countryside's bustling bio-agricultural activities
- Enjoy all the activities of sight seeing
- Discover the castles, the churches, the incredible culture and the traditions of Salento
- Swim in the cristal clear waters of Salento
- Walk in the country-side
- Practice golf, horse-riding on old trails, hunting if you like
- Play the music you like, whenever you like
- Practice your singing
- Study music
- Listen to Music (as loud as you like)
- Draw or Paint in watercolors (or any other colors)
- Study Italian with my mother who lives nearby. She is a professor of Language and Literature
- Do whatever you like. Ask our advice. We will answer, gladly.
My father was the first European producer of pecan nuts (carya illinoisensis), kiwis (actinidia), feijoas (feijoa sellowiana). But he also continued to produce traditional fruit in a biological way, as well as wine.
You will be able to pick fresh fruit every morning by yourself.
You will live next to the fruit and pecan nut trees, breathe the air of open-air country with average temperatures of 17 °C year-round, precipitation of 2493 mm annually, which means 310 days of sunshine every year.
Beware! You will be invited to help with harvesting if you come in October (kiwi - olives - wine grapes), in November (pecan nuts), in December (lemons and oranges).
You'll be invited to participate in the countryside's activities, if you like!
You'll also be invited to taste fresh fruit and produce from our property:
Villa Sirgole - www.nocipecan.it
Other things you can do while at Casetta Carya:
- Paint in watercolors
- Not paint in watercolors
- Play the flûte
- Not play the flûte
The cottage features a master bed-room, a living-toom which can turn into a second bed-room, a bath-room, a large kitchen with fireplace, washing-machine, TV, wi-fi.
A vast front garden opening onto the fields, with the pecan nut wood to the East.
- Enjoy the sunset to the West
- Enjoy the dawn to the East
- The cottage is located at the mid-point of Salento, between the Ionian and the Adriatic Seas. Gallipoli with its beautiful beaches to the West; Otranto with its wonderful castles and coves to the East; Santa Maria di Leuca to the South.
- Walk in the countryside
- Not walk in the countryside
- Practice yoga alone or with professionals
- Not practice yoga at all
- Ride a horse on old trails
- Not ride a horse on old trails
- Study Italian
- Not study Italian
- Learn how to cook delicious Italian dishes, such as lasagne, gnocchi or ravioli
- Learn how to cook delicious local specialties with our friend Rina, a professional cook
- Learn to cook an entire meal based on pecan nuts (insalata di spinaci con le noci, scialatielli zucca e noci and, of course, our famous recipe for the perfect pecan pie!).
Cutrofiano, the closest village, is famous for its genuine, traditional food and very good wine.
You can learn to make pottery there, as it has been done for the last four centuries.
At Casetta Carya you will be free to:
- live and let live
- do whatever you like
- enjoy the little pleasures of life.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here! and we'll be happy to answer....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.