This property does not accept short breaks during school holidays or during any peak season.
Bentley is a beautiful semi-detached house located in Dartmoor National Park and surrounded by breathtaking countryside. Built in 1906, Bentley was orginally built for a gin baron and received its name from the original purpose of the building as the chauffeur quarters semi-detached with the gardener’s quarters.
Traditionally decorated with classical twists, the spacious rooms are comfortable and flooded with natural light. In the living room, a log burner makes for a cosy evening in after a long day exploring the moors and all they have to offer.
The property has 25 acres of land which runs down to the River Dart and straight on to the moors. There are wooded valleys with 400 hundred year old oak trees, a beautiful bluebell meadow in spring as well as private fishing. There is a front garden, a large meadow to the rear of the property with a patio furnished with table, chairs and barbeque and a large roof terrace accessed from the landing.
Bentley is nestled in the heart of Dartmoor’s beautiful countryside which in any kind of weather supplies magnificent and picturesque surroundings. Dartmoor is a beautiful area of moorland protected by National Park Status. As Dartmoor National Park it covers over 954 square kilometres of striking scenery from lakes and rivers to Tors. As well as walks Dartmoor offers fishing, canoeing, kayaking and a number of lovely pubs and restaurants including Gidleigh Park and The Rugglestone Inn. Baybeny Horse Riding Stables is also within easy reach for those wishing to explore the moors on horseback.
* Located on the ground floor with breakfast bar seating two and small table seating four
* Featuring Aga style Rayburn, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
* Fully equipped with a range of utensils and accessories including blender, iron, ironing board, kettle and toaster
* Dining area features a table and seating for four
* Located on the ground floor with access to the conservatory
* Open plan with dining area
* Furnished with three sofas seating eight, coffee table, side tables and book shelves
* Features a log burning stove
* Entertainment provided by a 30â€? flatscreen TV with DVD player
* Located on the first floor with views of the garden
* Furnished with a king-size bed, bedside tables with lamps, dressing table and chest of drawers
* Located on the first floor
* Furnished with a double bed, bedside tables with lamps and a chest of drawers
* Main shower room located on the first floor
* Furnished with a walk in shower cubicle, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, shaver point and mirror
* En suite to bedroom one furnished with free standing roll top bath, designer wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, shaver point and mirror
* Large roof terrace accessed from the landing
* Garden furnished with a barbeque, patio table and chairs
* Open plan garden leading to a large field
* Parking available for up to two cars
Additional amenities include: country views, nearest petrol station distance units (miles), standard width doors, central heating fuel (oil), secured, patio area, patio table chairs, nearest pub (forest inn), downstairs toilet, over occupy with infants (yes), nearest petrol station (ashburton), wood burner open fire, barbeque, decked area, nearest pub distance, crockery provided, number of cars, children permitted, front, rear, child friendly, nearest shop supermarket distance: 5, nearest shop supermarket distance units (miles), nearest shop supermarket (princetown), cot notes (over occupy by 1 infant), nearest town (ashburton), nearest town distance units (miles), serves foods, nearest pub distance units (miles), wood burner open fire notes (living area), nearest town distance: 7, nearest petrol station distance: 7, detailed parking instructions (one near property but can organise further space if needed), flights of stairs inside, cot available, additional access information (staircase to first floor two steps up to master and balcony), garden available, country views rating: 5.TripAdvisor property ID 4834214...Read more
Bentley located in Dartmoor, Devon Dartmoor National Park, West Country, England
Additional Location Information
Bentley is nestled in the heart of Dartmoorâ€™s beautiful countryside which in any kind of weather supplies magnificent and picturesque surroundings. Dartmoor is a beautiful area of moorland protected by National Park Status. As Dartmoor National Park it covers over 954 square kilometres of striking scenery from lakes and rivers to Tors. As well as walks Dartmoor offers fishing, canoeing, kayaking and a number of lovely pubs and restaurants including Gidleigh Park and The Rugglestone Inn. Baybeny Horse Riding Stables is also within easy reach for those wishing to explore the moors on horseback.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.