(Note: Recently re-listed with Flip Key. Usually use one of the other vacation rental sites. Have many reviews listed on these.)
'Mountain Crest' is a beautifully hand-hewn, non-smoking, authentic log cabin occupying five acres on a mountain top. It offers a large parking area suitable for multiple vehicles and guests to meet, visit, conduct family reunions, etc. Secluded, with dual access, well-maintained roads, this cabin is a great location to enjoy winter sports, delightful spring and summer activities, or to just 'escape' and 're-charge' one's self.
(Attention Snow Mobilers: Mountain Crest enjoys abundant snow fall. Given its relatively secluded location and being adjacent to national forest land and trails, it is ideally suited to have fun playing in the snow. Where else can one drive their snow mobile up to their front door?)
Nearby, one can hike, fish, bike, explore, 4WD/off road, snow shoe, cross country or down hill ski, or snow mobile. It is only a short drive to ski at Terry Peak or Deer Mountain or to hike/bike the Mickelson Trail. It is adjacent to forest service/public land, trails, and nearby rustic, Carbonate Road (back way to Terry Peak skiing).
Mountain Crest is located close to the fun, historic, and exciting communities of Deadwood, Lead, Spearfish, and Sturgis in the 'northern hills' (arguably, the most beautiful area of 'The Hills'). One can easily drive to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, scenic Spearfish Canyon, or other hills destinations.
This unique log cabin can be a romantic getaway or a great location for enjoyable get togethers with friends or family. Very clean and well maintained, it offers comfort, privacy, and up to 100 mile, incredible, panoramic views. (A recent guest with his family shot a video at Mountain Crest. Should you be interested, take a look in our photos section.
Comfortable, friendly, and easy to use, one can enjoy a fully furnished kitchen with native wood handcrafted cabinetry, full sized bathroom with full size washer and dryer, expansive, rocked, Forest Service approved, fire pit and outdoor dining area, a covered veranda wrapping around three sides with a gas grill, or the view from the walk out balcony off the master bedroom. There is plenty of wildlife to see, including deer, turkeys, chipmunks, and eagles.
Tax rate 5.5% of rent tax rate
Refundable Pet Deposit (per dog, if applies) $50 per stay
Damage Deposit $200 per stay
Cleaning fee $100 per stay
Pet Fee (per dog, if applies) $50 per stay Fees for additional guests may apply.
- Standard Rate $175 per night, 2 night minimum stay
- Winter Rate (12/1 - 3/20) $150 per night, 2 night minimum stay
- Holidays and days around them $200, 3 night minimum
- Winter Special (12/1 - 3/20) - Receive a 10% discount off of the already reduced winter rate when staying 5 or more nights. The can be added to any repeat guest discount you may have.
- Mountain Crest's Christmas & New Years Holiday Period (12/20 - 1/4), $200, 3 night minimum stay
- Sturgis 75th Anniv Rally Period #1, 7/31/15 - 8/5/15, $375 night, 6 night minimum
- Sturgis 75th Anniv Rally Period #2, 8/06/15 - 8/10/15 $375 night, 5 night minimum
- Prices do not include cleaning & pet fees, pet deposit, sales tax, or reservation/security deposit
- Housekeeping fee may vary slightly with the number of guests and if pets will be staying
- Longer stays & rates may be negotiable and eligible for a discount
- Any isolated, single, 'open' dates seen as available may be rented. Please inquire.
- Double weekend premium - Many guests prefer a stay that includes a Fri and Sat/Sun or a Sat and Sun. Stays beginning on a Sat or Sun and ending on the following Sat or Sun limit other guest's travel opportunities. There is usually a $75 double weekend premium charge for such stays. During the highest demand period, June, July, and August, a weekend booking to also include a partial weekend booking is not available....Read more
Left on 08/05/2013 for a stay in July 2013 | Biker GirlReviewed Aug 5, 2013Stayed Jul 2013
We waited many years to visit the Black Hills and were looking for a cabin that was secluded by convenient to restaurants, sights and shopping and we found this and more in Mountain Crest.
Tom has provided everything his guests could possibly need and you really only have to bring your clothes and your sense of adventure.
To say we enjoyed our stay here is an understatement. This place is absolutely fantastic from the wrap around porch to the valley views. We especially enjoyed seeing the chipmunks and deer around the cabin each day.
If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to stay with out of this world views, this is the place for you. Read more
Hi Biker Girl, Pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Mountain Crest. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to let me know. The housekeepers and I always strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as they would were they staying at their own homes. Sounds like we ‘hit the mark’ with you and your family. (smile) That’s great! Would love to accommodate you again at some future date and extend to you our repeat guest discount.
A FlipKey verified reviewer
"The cabin, the location and the owner exceed all expectations; t"
Left on 03/20/2013 for a stay in February 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Mar 20, 2013Stayed Feb 2013
The Service Tom provides is personal and sincere; this is a business for certain but you could be mistaken for thinking you are dealing with a close friend. The same goes for the lovely couple that live close by and greet the guests. This place, the cabin and the location are idyllic. The cabin is everything you could want and is well equipped and very well presented, not a hint of a tired unkempt holiday rental here. I could have spent the entire time at the cabin, totally immersed in the tranquility of it all but if you are minded to explore, there is so much to see and so much variety. If you are not totally satisfied, you really were looking at the wrong type of place for your personality; everything here is better than you could possibly dream of - the only bad part is leaving Read more
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share your experience at Mountain Crest. Bob, Lynn, and I strive to provide a memorable and fun stay for our guests. Beyond providing a non-traditional and unique facility, it is those ‘little things', like giving attention to our visitor’s concerns and treating them as we would friends,that we really work at. Pleased to see that all this seems to be coming through.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.