Located on the picture perfect coastline of southern Florida, just a short drive away from the huge Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, Delray Beach is a place to find vacation fun and extraordinary natural beauty. Come here to escape from the bustle of everyday life, forget your worries, and make lasting memories.
During the day, rent a jet ski and play in the waves or take a take a guided dolphin spotting eco-tour. Wander the shops and art galleries along Atlantic Avenue. Play a round of golf on the emerald green, champion caliber golf courses of Sherwood Park and the Polo Club of Boca Raton. Or, spend the afternoon receiving some head to toe pampering in a luxury spa.
After watching the sun go down, head inland to experience the electric energy of Delray's popular nightspots. For dinner, sample world-class seafood at the restaurants in Highland Beach or Kings Point. Then dance the night away at the bars, nightclubs and live music venues of Delray Beach and High Point.
Here are a few additional suggestions of things to do while you are in Delray Beach:
- Visit the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens: These gardens are tranquil and contain some rare botanical specimens. Stroll the paths and enjoy dinner at the attached restaurant.
- Go scuba diving: Have close encounters with colorful fish and marine life as you explore the dazzling biodiversity of southern Florida's reef ecosystems.
- Take a surfing lesson: The waves of Delray are perfect for beginners and there are plenty of surf schools here that can help you master the basics.
- Rent a boat: Rent a sea kayak and explore the coast on your own, or navigate the waters by sailboat and watch as dolphins play in the wake.
- Explore the Wakodahatchee Wetlands: This nature preserve shelters some of the elusive species of wildlife native to the Florida everglades. Come here to see turtles and rare migratory birds.
- Relax on the beach: Visit Seagate Beach or Atlantic Dunes Park to go snorkeling, build a sandcastle, look for shells and shark's teeth, or just relax on the sugary white sand.
You'll have fun no matter what you decide to do here, and you'll have no trouble finding a perfect vacation rental within easy reach of your favorite activities. Find an elegant condo close to the shopping, bars and nightlife, look for a beautiful apartment near the green golf courses, or rent a luxurious villa just a few steps away from the beach big enough to host your friends and family. While you're here, you may want to take a day trip north to explore West Palm Beach.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.