Browse all regions in Europe
From bustling big cities to historic small towns, pristine mountain ranges to popular seaside resorts, Europe is a wonderland for the world traveler. Offering unparalleled historic sites, countless museums, and fabulous cuisine, the varied countries of the European continent offer every imaginable opportunity for culture, education, or leisure. For history buffs, there are few destinations as exciting as Greece, where you can explore the ruins of an ancient civilization. Continue your historical wanderings in the cities of Venice, Florence, and Rome, Italy's architectural jewels. In London, England, contemporary museums, a world-class live theater scene, and fabulous shopping compliment the city's lovely historic buildings.
For food lovers, France is a beautiful country, home to many of the world's most famous restaurants. If you love big cities, Prague, Madrid, and Berlin will give you a dose of culture, world-class museums, and wonderful nightlife. For more tranquil charms, music lovers can see a classical performance in the historic concert halls of Vienna and Salzburg, Austria. Beach-goers will be dazzled by the Mediterranean's turquoise coasts, while skiers will be eager to plan a visit the Alps in Switzerland, the place where skiing was first practiced as a sport. Avid hikers can explore pristine glacier scenery in Norway's northern regions, or stroll along striking coastline in Scotland's Outer Hebrides. With so many fascinating destinations in a single continent, deciding where to visit in Europe can be a difficult choice. No matter where you go, Europe is sure to deliver a memorable experience.
Some of Europe's most popular destinations are:
- Athens, Greece: Visit the ruins of Europe's first democracy at the acropolis in Athens then head out to the picturesque Greek islands for an unforgettable summer escape.
- Rome, Italy: The fascinating ruins of Roman civilization are among the many interesting sights in the enchanting city of Rome.
- Barcelona, Spain: Known for its incredible food and wine, original architecture, and glorious beaches, Barcelona is a friendly city and a top summer destination.
- The Alps: For nature lovers, Europe's largest mountain range is scenic and interesting, stretching across varied cultures in Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria.
- French Riviera: A place to see and be seen, the French Riviera is one of the most famous and fabulous stretches of coast in the world.
Enjoy Europe from the comfort and privacy of a vacation rental. Your trip will be all the more memorable in a luxurious villa on the Italian coast or a spacious condo on one of the historic Greek Islands. In big cities like Paris or Rome, a trendy apartment is a pleasing alternative to a hotel. For skiing and snowboarding, a cozy cabin in the Alps will accommodate the whole family.