The house is located in the heart of Provence, close to the region's most appealing sites and trendy towns and cities.
The house is in Eygalieres, a trendy yet uncrowded and lovely Provencal village which has remained authentic and full of character and charm.
The house and property are 1 mile from the center of Eygalieres in a peaceful less densly built non-buildable area, off a small country road at at the end of a 1/4 mile private access path, and enjoy a magnificent view of the Alpilles mountains, and spectacular surroundings.
The 4 acres (2 hectares) enclosed property has landscaped gardens with olive , cyprus, pine, bamboos and fruit trees.
It is decorated with lavenders, rose laurels, bignonas and roses.
Large level lawns surround the secured pool, ideal for families with children.
The 3500 sq. feet (300 square meters) house is in perfect condition.
The house can accommodate 10 people
Its rooms are large and bright
- a spacious living and dining room,
- a large shaded terrace facing the Alpilles mountains which the living room looks out onto,
- a roomy outdoor and covered summer dining room with a lovely view, two barbecues and cooking facilities,
- a fully equipped kitchen close to both dining rooms, with a separate pantry,
- five large air conditioned bedrooms, each with a private bathroom.
There are two king sized beds, one queen sized bed, one double bed, and two twin beds.
- one common powder room next to the living room and a common bathroom.
A 40ftx20ft heatable (150 euros/week) child secure private pool with shower and an electric cover that maintains water temperature overnight.
The fenced property is reached through an Iron Gate equipped with a remote. The gate can be opened from inside the house.
There are two covered parking spaces outside and one in a garage with remote control.
The house includes
- wifi broadband internet access
- widescreen 42' LCD satellite TV with foreign channels (BBC, CNN, Disney...)
- multi-zone DVD player
- free telephone calls to America, Canada, and France, and to non-cell phones in other western european (other countries, please inquire).
- a high-chair, 2 cots and a playpen.
After departure maid service is included and a change of sheets and towels with three maid hours is provided a week for multiple week stays (extra maid hours 15 euros an hour. Please book early).
This is quintessential Provence-dazzling summers, olive trees, vineyards, hilltop villages, Roman ruins...
The house is ideally located to discover Provence as Eygalieres is in the middle of the major sights.
- within 15 minutes are Saint-Remy-de-Provence (beautiful and trendy provencal town) and les Baux de Provence (a spectacular historical medieval fortress and adjoining village),
- within one half hour's drive are Avignon, Arles, Tarascon and le Luberon region's hilltop villages Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux and the Senanques abbaye,
- within one hour's drive are Aix en Provence, the famous Chateauneuf-du-pape vineyards, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, le pont du Gard (famous Roman aqueduct and spectacular bridge), Nimes, Uzes, la Camargue, Marseilles, the Mediterranean sea, les calanques de Cassis,
When you just want to relax, you will enjoy our lovely pool and exceptional surroundings.
Add to this the gentle country and Alpille views, shaded outdoor dining and shaded poolside areas and you have an idyllic, restful holiday retreat.
- Markets/marches (local fruits, vegetables, foods and products) in surrounding villages
- numerous local fairs,
- major flea market, numerous nice antic stores and lovely setting in l' Isle sur la Sorgue, a small town 15 miles away.
- Major Festivals: Avignon, Aix en Provence, Orange, La Roque d' Antheiron.
Bullfights in Nimes and Arles.
In Eygalieres you will find
- a grocery store with excellent local fruits, vegetables, wines and cheeses,
- two good bakers,
- a very good butcher with superb meats,
- a newspaper stand, a post office, a pharmacy, two doctors, hair salon,
- four very pleasant and excellent provencal restaurants
- three lovely bistros/bars with shadded terraces.
There are many fine restaurants and pleasant bistros/bars with shaded and sunny terraces in the area in:
- Eygalieres and its 4 very nice and pleasant provencal restaurants (Michelin 1 star 'Maison Bru')
- Saint-Remy-de-Provence 15 minutes away, an also trendy and busier town (while maintaining Provence's uncrowded feeling)with numerous restaurants and bars,
- les Baux de Provence, 20 minutes away, famous Michelin 2 stars 'l' Oustau de Beaumanieres'
- Avignon, 30 minutes away, a beautiful Provencal city, classified in UNESCO's world heritage, with its papal palace, the largest gothic monument in the world, home of the Catholic church and global capital of Christianity in the fourteenth century, and its world reknown cultural festival in July,
- Aix en provence, 45 minutes away, another beautiful Provencal city which, like Avignon, has an old and exceptional downtown which is wonderful to stroll in,
- Marseilles, 1 hour away, a Mediterrenean sea jewel with the beautiful Calanques, and its spectacular ocean front Michelin 3 stars 'Le Petit Nice'
- paradise for hikers with very large number of trails with varied terrains and landscape within a 50 mile radius (Luberon and its picturesque mountain villages Gordes, Roussillon...,;Mediterranean Sea and its dramatic calanques; Mont Ventoux;the Alpilles; the villages, les Baux de Provence...)
- cycling with rentals nearby,
- golf with three beautiful golf courses within 15 miles (Servannes, Pont Royal, and Les Beaux),
- horseback riding for adults and children, with countryside tours,
- rock climbing,
- tennis in Eygalieres
- Kayaking down the beautiful Sorgue or Gardon going under the famous Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard, and much more.
Marseilles and Nimes both 45 minutes away.
Avignon TGV station 30 minutes away. Paris 2h30 train ride away....Read more
Eygalieres Spectacular View Eygalieres, Provence, France (Property location is approximate) ?
Additional Location Information
The house and its surroundings are amazingly quiet. This area of Eygalieres is no longer build-able and the low number of properties each have four or more acres of land. This contrasts to other rental properties in Eygalieres who sit on much more densely built land. On Fridays, you can go to the Eygalieres market, a great treat which is replicated in surrounding towns the rest of the week.
Last updated on December 18, 2014
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
11 other Eygalieres rentals
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.