Recent reviews for Fernandina Beach, Florida, USA
"Great condo very nice well equiped with most all things needed for a great vacation."
Left on 06/17/2015 for a stay in June 2015
All of our families stayed here with plenty of room. This is( A GREAT) condo. Very roomy with really nice furniture home away from home. Very close to shopping. Would love to stay again soon. Well equipped with all the things you needed. Had beach items and bikes so you don't have to lug all that with you. I woke up with a great ocean view every morning and a very short walk to beach. Great pool With out grill that you could use for a cookout Nicest condo I've stayed in. I would highly recommend this condo if you want a few days or a longer visit. I would love to stay for a long time there. It is large enough for several families. Highly Recommend The owner was great and very helpful..
About Fernandina Beach
Fernandina Beach lies on the shores of historic Amelia Island, a place of elegant old Victorian mansions, ivy draped verandas, horse drawn carriages, and charming restaurants. This town, once a quaint shrimping village, has held onto its southern hospitality, its friendly, welcoming atmosphere and its love of good food.
Fernandina Beach provides a perfect family vacation destination. Come here to explore the side streets and wander through quirky craft shops and unique art galleries. Visit historic Civil War landmarks and learn more about Florida's history. Rent a kayak and explore the biodiversity of the island's shorelines and rivers. Go on a deep-water fishing excursion, play a round of golf on one of Florida's emerald green courses, or just relax on the beach with a good book.
Here are a few more specific suggestions of sights to see and things to do in Fernandina Beach:
- Take a horse drawn carriage tour: A narrated carriage ride may be the perfect way to experience the charming streets and elegant Victorian architecture of Amelia Island.
- Visit the Blue Door Art Gallery: On the second Saturday of every month, Amelia's art galleries open their doors to the public. Make sure you stop by and see the stunning work of this collective, owned by ten artists working in a variety of genres and media.
- Visit the Amelia Island Museum of History: An afternoon spent exploring the exhibits here can provide a sense of the island's rich and complicated history.
- Take a boat trip along the Amelia River: Take a guided boat tour of this beautiful river, learn more about the island's fascinating natural ecosystems and see dolphins, wild horses, and glimpses of rare wild boar.
- Tour Fort Clinch: During the Civil War, Fort Clinch was occupied by both Union and Confederate Troops. Come here to learn more about the details of this chapter in American history.
- Hike the trails: Go hiking and biking along the scenic trails of Fort Clinch State Park. Some of the ecosystems here include overwash plains and estuarial tidal marshes. Each biological niche supports its own variety of rare birds and marine life.
You'll have no trouble finding a perfect place to stay in Fernandina Beach or anywhere on Amelia Island. The weather is beautiful all year round, and vacation rental opportunities are always widely available. Find a quaint condo overlooking the historic streets or book an elegant seaside villa with all the comforts of home for your time in Fernandina Beach. While you're visiting Fernandina Beach, you may want to take a day trip and explore the beautiful Cumberland Sound area just north of the Georgia border.