"My wife and I have been taking gites in Normandy and Brittany for the last thirty years and without any doubt we rate yours the best we have ever stayed in. We certainly would like to go back next year!” Mr and Mrs C, Lancashire
Le Clos is a delightful house situated in a secluded area of the village of Fleury, a few minutes drive from the lively town of Villedieu-les-Poêles and approximately 30 minutes drive from many lovely, sandy beaches. The perfect setting to unwind with a glass of wine or local cider - a bottle of each is in the fridge waiting for you!
The house is easily accessible from ferry and airports and provides a perfect base for exploring the best of rural, coastal and historic Normandy or taking a trip to the Channel Islands.
Le Clos has undergone a complete professional and sympathetic renovation and extension to provide modern holiday accommodation which retains much of the character of the original building – notably oak beams, a large granite fireplace and wooden floors. Outside there is a terrace area, a lawn area and parking for several cars.
Le Clos at a glance
• Three bedrooms for up to six people and a baby
• Hydromassage shower room, ensuite bathroom and three toilets
• Ferry discounts possible via our advertising partners – please ask!
• Large secluded site at the end of a lane with countryside views
• Linen including sheets, duvet covers, towels (not beach), bath mats and tea towels provided
• Beds made for your arrival
• Woodburner with wood provided
• English speaking House Keeper available to contact during your stay
• 30 minute drive to large sandy beaches (with excellent rock pools too!)
• Good mobile phone reception. Internet access available in local town.
• Digital safe for safe keeping of passports and valuables
• Satellite Television
Comfort and attention to detail are all important at Le Clos. Furnishings are comfortable throughout with many antique pieces. Pictures and ornaments all add to the French charm and homeliness of the house.
• Large Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and WC
• Twin bedroom – beds may be moved together
• Small double bedded room ( please note 120cm bed) with cot (sheets not provided for cot)
• Shower room with multi-jet hydromassage jets and WC
• Well equipped fully fitted oak kitchen including dishwasher and microwave
• Dining area – farm house table with eight chairs and high chair opening onto terrace area
• Downstairs WC and utility room with washing machine
• Large beamed lounge with woodburner (wood provided) and sofa bed
• Large garden area with children’s swings and monkey rope.
Within the bookcase there are many books on the vast range of wildlife that you may see in the area and possibly from Le Clos, Normandy in the Second World War (in English and French) and various paperbacks in French and English.
There is also a gent’s mountain bike, a selection of toys and games, beach games, a boules set and a table football game.
Fleury, about a mile away, offers a bakery, garage, café / restaurant and tennis court. Villedieu-les-Poêles, a five minute drive away, offers all you would expect from a medium sized town including a supermarket and indoor swimming pool.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.