Recent reviews for Fort Myers, Florida, USA
"Ft Myers villa/holiday"
Left on 04/14/2016 for a stay in March 2016
Fantastic villa with a good size swimming pool in an excellent location. Really enjoyable holiday. Relaxing after a hectic week in Orlando.
"Perfect spot for a vacation!"
Left on 04/01/2016 for a stay in January 2016
This is our second year in this rental which is located right on the water. The unit is tastefully decorated with a very well equipped kitchen (important to us because we stay for a long term rental). The grounds have some nice walking trails that we utilized each day, and depending on your walking ability, the surrounding area is lovely to walk around as well.
The area abounds with activities: Sanibel is just across the bridge from the unit, a number of museums in and around Fort Myers are lovely to visit, shopping areas are plentiful, restaurants in all price ranges are close by and will satisfy anyone tastes and, let's not forget February/March Spring Training for the Boston Red Sox and Minnesota Twins!
We have already booked again for next season and look forward to the daily sightings of dolphins and many boating activities that go on right outside the lovely lanai! Highly recommend!!
Left on 07/13/2015 for a stay in July 2015
It was a beautiful condo. Well furnished. Great location and view. Three couples stayed together and we all had our own space and privacy. We also entertained 14 people at one time (mini family reunion) with no problem. Realtor was very helpful, even left and extra parking pass for us prior to arrival. One small detail would've been great if the twin beds were a queen or king bed otherwise a great condo. Would definitely recommend it.
"Definitely will return!"
Left on 04/22/2016 for a stay in December 2015
We loved this suite! It was extremely clean, beautifully decorated and spacious. It has all the extra amenities, including books, games and beach toys for the kids. The beds were very comfortable. We loved the wrap around screened porch! Highly recommend!
Left on 09/08/2015 for a stay in August 2015
the villa is pleasant enough, but would not stay there again, you couldn't go anywhere without driving, the paperwork on arrival tells you not to make a noise in the evenings as although you are on holiday, your neighbours are not. I found this annoying as I had just spent thousands of pounds on a holiday to America only to be told you cant act like you are on holiday. I was also warned that if I left too much rubbish I would be fined for this, also was asked to strip the beds before you leave and put a wash cycle on, as people could be in the same day as you leave. Again I thought I had paid for all this, and surely if they are renting out these villas at how much a week (without no midweek clean) surely they should have enough bedding, towels etc without relying on previous holiday maker to do there washing for them. Basically felt like I was back home with parents with all rules!!!!! And the irony of it all, the neighbours that we were told to be quiet for, were out by the pool until gone 1 in the morning with family visiting.
About Fort Myers
Known as one of Florida's most lively, pleasant, and upbeat beach towns, Fort Myers, FL is the perfect family beach escape. With the Gulf of Mexico just steps away from your vacation rental, leave the car at home and stroll along the coastline of the many beautiful white sand beaches. Spend your days playing tennis and sunning by your rental's pool, or fish, swim, sail, and relax, all amidst a beautiful ocean backdrop.
Fort Myers is the perfect place to travel by foot or bike with trails running along the length of the island. Located on the southwestern side of Florida along the banks of the Caloosahatchee River, Fort Myers is home to great day and night life, with Fort Myers Beach's "Time Square," as the area's downtown hot spot. Vibrant shops, eateries, and clubs surround the city's pier, which reaches 600 ft. into the Gulf. If you're looking for a day trip, nearby islands Sanibel and Captiva offer great opportunities to explore. Take a fishing charter trip, search for seashells, or rent bikes and ride for hours along the coastline.
Here are a few additional suggestions to get you started:
- Visit the winter estates of Henry Ford and Thomas Edison: The house's history began in 1885, when Edison first visited Florida and purchased the property to build his vacation home. The home become Edison's upon Ford's death, and opened in 1990 for public tours.
- Stroll the botanical garden: Near the house lies a beautiful 17 acre botanical garden with more than a thousand different varieties of plants from around the world.
- Encounter the wildlife of the Everglades: The Everglades Day Safari offers full day tours of the Everglades, including the sawgrass prairie, mangrove estuary, cypress swamps and pine savannah.
- Experience the Bailey-Matthews Sea Shell Museum: Located on nearby Sanibel Island, this museum is entirely dedicated to the preservation and display of beautiful seashells. Its displays are home to shells collected from beaches all over the world.
- Stroll the Fort Myers Pier: This downtown hotspot extends about 600 feet into the ocean and is a lovely place to walk, rest your feet, go fishing, and people watch.
- Take a dolphin watching cruise: Fort Myers cruises can take you into the heart of bottlenose dolphin territory, where you can watch these fascinating creatures as they interact and play in the wake of the boat.
A beach vacation rental of your own is the perfect place to stay for a fantastic Fort Myers, Florida, getaway. If you're interested in golf, there are several Fort Myers golf packages that can pick you up in the morning from your condo or beach rental and take you to some of the best golf destinations in the state. But no matter what kind of activities you enjoy, you can easily find a perfect Fort Myers vacation rental within reach of everything you need. During your visit to Fort Myers, you may want to explore some beautiful nearby Florida destinations like Estero and Destin.