We are happy to offer you the perfect location. A fine riverfront home in the heart of the Smokies, near numerous waterfalls. Well positioned for spending time indoors or outdoors, enjoying the Smoky Mts, exploring the Cullasaja River Gorge.
- Easy to find, paved to the door. It is heated and air conditioned, and available for rental all year. Each season has its charm and appeal.
- Its a great season to be in the Smoky Mts!
- Our rates are very competitive for the vacation that awaits you.
- Riverfront living with 300 ft frontage on the Cullasaja River, up to 80 ft across here. Shallow enough for kids to play safely, under parental control. Great mountain views are common as you come and go to the store, or restaurant, etc, but prime riverfront is rare.
- Quiet, except for the river, the church campground across the river is seldom used.
- Enjoy a morning coffee on the deck, relax in the rocker, or view the river from the recliners thru the oversize patio door.
- All of the comforts of the city, yet a relaxed mountain country atmosphere. The murmur of the river will lull you to dreamland, awaken to the songbirds, with beautiful views of the river, and forested hills beyond. Ducks, geese, and sometimes a beaver, frequent our section of the river.
- Its perfect for two couples, or a family with some kids. It sleeps 6 easily, with 2 bedrooms with en suite baths, and a sofa that opens to a full bed.
- For larger groups both units could be booked, total of 4br and 3 baths - will sleep 12. Contact owner.
- New San Lucas Queen Sleeper Sofa by Ashley Fine Furniture.
- We provide a new 12x12 screen house, tent, and croquet set, to play and camp beside the river.
- Picnic or sit around the fire near the river. There is a picnic table, with two portable benches, next to the fire ring. Guests may use wood found on property, or buy firewood at Bilo or Ingles
- Now has new gas log fireplace, that lights with a click of the remote, for a cozy fire.
- In warm weather try our virtual fireplace dvd on large flat screen tv, shot in HD, with the ambiance of a fire, without the heat.
- Fall and winter offer a relaxing indoor experience. Its warm and cozy. The entertainment center has a large flat-screen tv, connected to satellite dish, and to the internet wifi, where we share NetFlix movies.
- We are dedicated with making sure that our guests have a relaxing good time, and experience as much as possible of the fun and scenery of this special place.
- There are numerous marked trails for hiking, alone, or with a group. Rock Shops and antique stores abound.
- The property is at near 2100 feet elevation, warm days and cool nights, without the severity of being higher.
- Try your luck at the Harrah Casino in Cherokee. Spend a fun day at Standing Indian Campgrounds, or visiting Bavarian Helen or Tallulah Falls.
- The road to the home is scenic highway 28/64, take a drive to Highlands, Cashiers, or Dillard. The waterfalls are along this road. Nearby are Cullasaja Falls, Dry Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Whitewater Falls, and Glen Falls. Biltmore Mansion is just over an hour away.
- LISTED IS THE UPPER HALF OF A DUPLEX.
*** Special Grand Opening Season Rates! ***
- We Can Offer The 2/2 [sleeps 6] For as low as $75/nt.
- $60 Cleaning Fee.
- Pet Fee $25
- $150 Refundable Security Deposit
- Local Taxes 9.75%
- 3 Night Minimum winter, 2 nights other seasons.
- Holidays may require a week booking
- In 3pm, Out 11am
- Parking for 2 cars max, no rv or trailer
- Returning guests, who have posted a Review, are eligible for a 5% Discount!
- Until confirmed, rates can change at anytime.
*** For Next Day Bookings - you must type in dates on listing, it will say it cannot be booked online, and will allow you to type in email and phone contact information, and send to owner. Flipkey will not allow contact info to be sent thru its messages. ***
THINGS TO SEE AND DO :
- The Greenway offers a walk along the Little Tennessee River of nearly five miles, a mountain bike trail, picnic shelters, playgrounds, disc golf, a boat ramp, canoe put-in, fishing spots, historic bridges, interesting flora and fauna, and things to be discovered.
- Several Waterfalls within 10 miles
- For high adventure try the thrilling ziplines at highlands aerial park.
- The Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts
- FRANKLIN LANES AND SKATE, also has pool tables and lounge.
- Historic Franklin and Nikwasi Mound - 3 miles
- Ruby mining - 8 miles
- Cherokee Harrah Casino - 20 miles
- Great Smoky Mts NP - 25 miles
- Blueridge Parkway NP - 20 miles
- Bryson City Great Smoky Mt Railroad - 20 miles
- Nantahala River Rafting - 20 miles
- Biltmore Mansion Asheville - 50 miles
- Tallulah Falls and Park - 30 miles
- Nantahala Hiking Club offers local Hikes. The Appalachian Trail and the Bartram Trail are nearby.
- Chunky Gal Riding Stables
- Lake Glenville Andrews Park, swim, boating, bass fishing, amid great scenery....Read more
RiverDance Lodge : Riverfront - Near Waterfalls! Franklin, North Carolina
Additional Location Information
Prime riverfront property, between Franklin and Highlands NC, with 300 ft frontage on the Cullasaja River, near numerous waterfalls. Scenic drives in mountainous terrain, with several waterfalls along the road. Tubing and fishing from the property. Watch the wildlife, ducks and geese frequent our section of the river. Quiet and peaceful. Picnic table, fire ring, screen house, tent, tubes, and croquet set are provided.
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Waterfront
Car is recommended
Last updated on May 22, 2015
Not available for your dates?Not available for your dates? Check availability for
62 other Franklin rentals
Left on 07/13/2013 for a stay in July 2013 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jul 13, 2013Stayed Jul 2013
We booked this as a last minute getaway for my birthday weekend. The house is spacious and has been decorated nicely although the couch in the living room seemed like it may have seen better days. There's a deck and grill which my wife took advantage of while we were there for 2 nights.
It felt like there were several personal items in the house, thus making my wife feel like we were encroaching on someone's home. I suggest, if supplying courtesy items, like soap and shampoo, to nix open bar soap and perfume bottles in the baths.
There had been flash flooding in the mountain area earlier in the week, but the owner, Mike, was easy to contact and talked to us about the current conditions there. Provided at the house also were brochures and printed information about things to do in the area. The info about the area waterfalls was especially helpful.
We would definitely stay here again as it was nice for the price!
We place pump hand soap in each bath. Sometimes a guest leaves bar soap. These are left as a convenience for guests, who are free to use their own supplies.
There have been many upgrades done this year. This property is used exclusively as a vacation rental.
RiverDance Lodge is the best value in the Smokies!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.