is located within one hour’s drive from Cape Town and even less from the International Airport. An awesome adventure of beauty is within reach for those who are looking forward to experience the treasures of Franschhoek, jewel of the Cape Winelands.
When staying in Auberge Alouette Guesthouse, you will experience luxury, comfort and relaxation at a most reasonable price.
THE HOUSE: The building that houses the guesthouse dates back to the 1930's and is located in the centre of the village within walking distances of shops and restaurants The guesthouse facilitates four en-suite luxury double rooms and one luxury self-catering unit.
The interior of the house portraits the romance and beauty of that time, showing off the warmth of wooden floors and doors from the previous century but… facilitates the comfort of the 21st century.
THE GARDEN: A spacious garden is offering a haven for birds and a feast for the eyes, where one has the opportunity to smell the roses and enjoy the splashes of colour and the magnificent views on the gigantic mountains which embrace the valley with grandeur.
THE ROOM: A ceiling fan circulates cool air throughout the summertime, whilst a wall heater ensures a cosy atmosphere during the winter months. The queen size bed is of excellent quality and dressed in white crisp 100% percale cotton linen.
THE BATHROOM: An electric shaving point, hairdryer and TV as well as bathroom commodities are available in the en suite bathroom.
WELLNESS: Make yourself at home in front of one of the jets in the pool to enjoy the subtle touch of thrashing water on your back and afterwards allow the South African sun to caress your body. Several wellness treatments are offered to create total relaxation. And in winter time, make yourself at home in the main lounge in comfortable chairs in front of the fire-place while reading or inter-acting with fellow guests.
THE BREAKFAST: Start the day with a hearty cooked breakfast if included in the quote or is offered at a reasonable price and meet other guests for a friendly morning chat over a cup of freshly-brewed coffee.
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: We will gladly provide guests with the necessary help to create itineraries for the local hotspots or further afield traveling with their booking or after their arrival.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
After a day of making unforgettable memories to take back home with them, exhausted guests can return to a place where they can rejoice and relax in the splendour of homeliness, sincere warmth and the service of friendly and caring staff.
Come home to Auberge Alouette.
Alet MollerTripAdvisor property ID 3807801...Read more
Auberge Alouette Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa
Additional Location Information
MAKE A TRIP FURTHER AFIELD:
Distance from the Cape Town International Airport is only 59km.
Because Franschhoek is centrally situated, visits to interesting spots in and around the Valley, the rest of the Winelands and even as far as Hermanus (Whale-city of SA-102km), the Peninsula (Cape Town centre -79km) can be done by car in one day.
Adjacent towns are Paarl and Stellenbosch and Somerset Strand and Gordon’s Bay beaches are 50 km from here.
THINGS TO DO IN FRANSCHHOEK VALLEY:
* WINE-TASTING is the magical word that comes to mind the moment one hears the word ‘Franschhoek’. However, being part of the first days of the Cape of Good Hope, a visit to this beautiful valley will also present you with the rich * HISTORY of this area, * Get to know more about the Khoisan and Hottentots, the original inhabitants before the Europeans set foot on the Cape of Good Hope’s soil in the 17th Century.
* At the Huguenot Memorial and Museum you will learn more about the FRENCH HUGUENOTS who fled their country because of their religion and settled in this corner between the mountains and in the surrounding area, leaving a heritage of culture.
* At Solms Delta you can go back into the ancient times by observing the historical artifacts that are found in die delta and also learn about the impact slavery had on our country .
* Take note that the Big 5 used to roam this area at that stage. Unfortunately civilization got the upper-hand far too soon, which left us with only the memories of them.
* Lovers of cars, dating back to 1915, will be fascinated by the selection of vintage cars that is displayed at L'Ormarins Car Museum.
* Admire original paintings of the famous SA artist ‘Pierneef’ at La Motte Art Gallery at the La Motte Estate;
* Connoisseurs in wine will thrive on the quality wines at the different prestigious wine-cellars on the Franschhoek Wine route.
* Walking trails into the mountains offer nature lovers the opportunity to get to know the 'fynbos'- so unique to this part of the world.
* Golfers can explore all the excellent golf courses within a radius of 30 kilometers from Franschhoek;
* Fun-lovers will enjoy the extraordinary wine-tasting on horseback and
a tour on bicycle through the village will thrill the 'energetic'.
WELLNESS IN ALOUETTE SPA DU MEDECIN:
If you are in need of MEDICAL TREATMENT i.e. a hip, knee or shoulder operation or replacement, dental- or cosmetic surgery, a gastroscopy and/or colonoscopy and you are far down on a waiting list in your country, contact Alet at In-house 'Alouette Spa Du Medecin'.
Arrangements can be made for the procedure to be done in here in South Africa, which will include personal contact between your own house doctor and the specific SA specialist on our list; transfers from and to the Cape Town International Airport; transport to the doctor for the initial consultation as well as to and from the hospital for the operation... and RECUPERATION in post-operational care given in Auberge Alouette.
Alternative treatments in the clinic include Sleep- and Sound therapy, Progressive relaxation to release stress and other body- and facial treatments. Daily and longer tours can be arranged for those who have gained their health - before returning home.
Why wait? Contact us immediately and “MAKE HEALTH YOUR WEALTH”
Left on 01/24/2012 for a stay in January 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jan 24, 2012Stayed Jan 2012
Alet, Elbi, and Flory were amazing hosts who made us feel wonderfully at home. We stayed in their self-catering unit which was comfy, clean, and opened up to the courtyard and pool which made it feel like it was our own private backyard. The guesthouse has a beautiful garden and is just one street off the main road making it both quite and right in the heart of everything. We would definitely come back!
It takes wonderful guests like you, Rob & Laurie, to motivate us to provide the best service we can give. Thank you for staying with us and taking the trouble to give your positive review. Hopefully all our guests will give us as much pleasure as you did. We will be looking forward to your return to Franschhoek and Auberge Alouette. God bless you! Alet,Elbie and Flory.
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
1 bedroom1 bathroomSleeps 2
1 bedroom1 bathroomSleeps 2
Need more information?
Reserve for only
balance of due
Your dates are available
Contact the owner
Getting your price...
Your dates are available
Enter dates to see your price
Cleaning fee | $10 per stay
Damage Deposit | $9 per stay
2 night minimum stay
/ night +/ night + additional fees additional fees
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.