Located just a few miles from Fredericksburg this wonderful two story home is great for gatherings or just a small group of four. This modern custom built home is twelve years old and sits on 71 acres high above Fredericksburg on a hilltop vista.
As you enter the house into the foyer, you will find a bedroom with queen bed and a bath with a shower. The room is decorated with rich gold and brown accents. A great room consists of a wonderful open area encompassing the spacious living room, dining area and fully equipped kitchen. A direct dish television is tucked in a cabinet plus a DVD player. Outside the living room and bedroom is a long covered porch.
The house has three bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. Outdoor queen futon on deck can sleep an additional two more people if additional sleeping space is needed. A blue and coco brown upstairs master suite with king bed and antique painting and furnishings with adjoining sunroom/library with floor to ceiling views in every direction. A second bedroom offers a sage green and neutral upstairs dorm suite with a king bed, queen and twin futon. Perfect for kids - they have their own TV and DVD player too. This beautiful nature inspired room boasts a serene, relaxing feeling. It has it’s own private vanity which leads to the bathroom and French doors that open to the outside deck. The third bedroom is downstairs and is decked with rich gold and brown colors and offers a queen bed. The bathroom has a shower.
Outside is a true example of nature at it’s best. Views from almost every direction, long hikes can be taken to the pond.
There is a pool on the property but it is not available for guests.
Your host’s sister and husband do live next door, but want to respect your privacy at all times.
LOCATION - Approximately 5 miles from downtown; 3.3 miles from Hwy. 290
HOSTS - Home to yourselves—hosts’ family does live nearby (next door to the guest house)
SLEEPS - Up to 9 people—Queen bed downstairs, king bed in Master bedroom upstairs, and king bed, queen futon and twin bed in dorm room upstairs (each bed that has been used will be charged an extra person charge)
BATH - 2 bathrooms—Downstairs has shower and upstairs has tub/shower plus a vanity for each bedroom
BREAKFAST - No breakfast, snacks and coffee and teas
- Fully equipped kitchen
AMENITIES - Central heat/air, three televisions with direct dish, two DVD players, High speed internet, broadband with wifi, phone (cannot make long distance calls), porches with awesome views, hiking on property to pond, spectacular sunsets
$275.00*/1—4 persons/night (Fri- - Sat. including events and holidays)
$220.00*/1—4 persons/night (Sun—Thurs., excluding events and holidays
Left on 07/30/2012 for a stay in July 2012 | Monica
Loved Hill Country Vista Ranch! The house was very cozy and not too far from Fredericksburg or Luckenbach. Each bedroom contained a queen or king bed which worked perfect for our group of 3 couples. The house has a little bit of wear and tear from use but nothing out of the ordinary. Plenty of cooking utensils for those who plan on cooking meals versus going out to eat. Chatted with the nice family that lives in the adjacent guest house about the property and animals and never felt that we were being monitored. Kept to themselves unless otherwise engaged by our group. Would highly recommend this house to anyone looking to stay in the Fredericksburg area.
Left on 07/02/2012 for a stay in April 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
We spent a long weekend at the Hill Country Vista Ranch and could not have been more pleased with our experience! The house is so quaint and doesn't have the boring, sterile feel of a cookie-cutter hotel - it's obvious that it is a family place. We walked down to the pond on the property at sunset and were greeted by four horses along the trail, which was so wonderful. The house is well equipped with towels, kitchen utensils, etc., so all we had to bring was food and toiletries. It is close enough to the city to enjoy the wineries, shops, etc. of Fredericksburg, but is far enough away to enjoy the stars at night. I encourage anyone wanting to get away for a few days to try Hill Country Vista Ranch.
Left on 06/29/2012 for a stay in May 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
This is such a great place to stay--for a day or a week. Its great location is nestled close to Fredericksburg, Luckenbach and area wineries. The home has all the modern amenities and wonderful views with a breeze on the porch sitting on top of a hill you can watch the deer and livestock and really relax. Will plan to come again.
Left on 06/28/2012 for a stay in May 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
My name is Trae, I co- own this property along with my husband. His family has owned it since the 70's. I was shocked to read a few negative reviews as we take pride in our home and keeping a high standard for our guests.
One of the reviewers actually told the management company that if it was not for being "Christians” they would protest in-front of their office. So I hate being forced to stoop to this level, but I must defend myself in this situation.
1. They requested that my sister-in-law, who lives next-door, to allow the goats to come over to their house. I even believe they asked to have fresh goat milk for their autistic child. I don't know how to break this to these people, but if you allow the goats to come up to the house they will leave droppings. I see another complaint about goat droppings, we are now keeping them away regardless.
2. If it was so horrible why didn't they leave? Instead they invited more people and stayed three nights? I was told they had more people than what they told the management. .
3. They are complaining about a futon that was out on a deck and not intended as a bed. That futon is now gone and replaced with new patio chairs. The beds are all very comfortable.
4. As for the TV - your right and we are buying a new large flat screen. We produce films in Los angeles and when we come out to the country the last thing we want is large TV screens.
5. The family cemetery is a tiny little fenced in area far away from the house and is a spot for three urns with in-ground headstones. Your not allowed to bury people on your own property. This is our Family plot and most people find it to be beautiful as it is in a garden.
Again - its embarrassing to be forced to answer these accusations - to someone who got a refund, but stayed three nights without complaining until after they left. I hope anyone reading this will not be detoured as you will be missing a stay in a magical place.
Restful stay in the Hill Country
Left on 06/05/2012 for a stay in April 2012 | T.R. Coffman
A great location for a peaceful and relaxing stay during our visit to the Texas Hill Country. The house was very well maintained and equipped. However, one minor issue was that the futon in the upstairs bedroom was in need of some repair and appeared to be falling apart. To keep the bed flat we had to support it underneath with a few bricks that we had found outside. Other than this minor issue, we had a great stay and will look forward to visiting again in the future. I would recommend this location to anyone visiting the Fredericksburg area.
Left on 06/05/2012 for a stay in April 2012 | Linda Poullard
Overall, the inside of the house is roomy, in good condition and clean. I can't give 5 stars due to the following items.
Horses and goats run freely. One goat tried several times to jump on the back of our car. Thankfully, we were right there and shooed it off before any damage happened. With the animals everywhere, we couldn't enjoy the yard since there were piles of excrement everywhere (even by the front door). There are several seating areas outside, but the furniture appears to not have been cleaned since last summer and some of the chairs are in poor condition.
Left on 06/05/2012 for a stay in November 2011 | TexasTrix928
Me and 3 friends wanted a girls weekend in the beautiful Fredericksburg area so we could relax, shop and see the sights. The pictures depicted the property to be somewhat remote but close enough to town for our needs which is exactly what we expected.
What we didn't expect and our disappoints are as follows:
1. We had to drive past the family cemetery which is directly across and very close to the rental house we stayed in...an eerie feeling.
2. The house is directly next door and very close to the other family house - we didn't feel comfortable enough to sit on the porch in our jammies to drink our morning coffee.
3. There were piles and piles of cow manure up close and all around the house.
4. The landscaping was not well manicured and had the appearance of an 'abandoned' house.
5. The refrigerator was full of left over food, coffee creamer, etc. We did not want to use a stranger's left overs - the refrigerator should have been totally clean for our use.
6. The downstairs shower stall contained pubic hair - not very clean.
7. Some electrical outlets were not in operable condition
Unfortunately none of us gave this accommodation a good rating.
Left on 06/05/2012 for a stay in November 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewer
We thought this house was away from others based on the photos. We were right on top of neighbors with a very junky yard, old cars etc. Not at all the getaway that we imagined. The TV was so small, we had to buy a new one to watch the football games - Thanksgiving weekend. Football is a must see! It wasn't super clean either.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.