Inside this spacious home is the living/dining room with it’s cathedral ceiling. The focal point in the living room is the rock fireplace. Reclaimed long leaf pine floors are throughout the home. A sofa and chair are placed to not only enjoy the fireplace on a cold winter night, but also the flat screen television with DVD and selection of movies plus a game table. A large round table in the dining room is convenient to the open kitchen just steps away. The kitchen is fully furnished. Off of the kitchen is the utility room and half bath, which is also entered from the hallway downstairs.
There are two bedrooms downstairs offering a king bed in one bedroom; the second bedroom has a queen plus bunk beds. The bath downstairs has a shower with jetted tub (plus the half bath in the utility room). Upstairs are two more bedrooms. The third bedroom has a king plus a futon that will sleep one or two persons. The bathroom has a shower. The fourth bedroom (loft) has a bunk bed with double sleeping on the bottom plus a trundle and a sofa. The bath upstairs bedroom has a shower.
This home is both comfortable and nicely appointed. There is much to do and see in this wonderful home. Outside is truly an adventurer’s delight. Hike down to beautiful Bee Creek (seasonal) or cool your heels in Polander Creek (wet year round). Several longhorns make their home on this 63 acres of pastureland. Some of their names are Chardonnay (solid white), her heifer calf Champaign, Stardust (brown and white) and Shadow her steer.
For family reunions,
- 9 miles north of Fredericksburg on RR965
- No hosts—property is to yourselves may be guests in Grandmother’s Porch
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove/oven, large refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, etc.
- $5 breakfast coupon/per person/per night (pickup at GHS office), coffee and teas are provided.
- Up to 14 persons—downstairs has king, queen and bunk bed, upstairs has a king, futon, bunk bed (double on bottom bunk), trundle bed under bottom bunk, queen size inflatable mattress available on prior request.
- Bathroom (shower and jetted tub) and a half down stairs, Upstairs both bathrooms have shower
PETS—YES (no fenced area provided)
PLEASE PICK UP AND DISPOSE OF WASTE AFTER YOUR PETS OUTSIDE “JOB”
CHILDREN & INFANTS—YES
FIREWORKS AND GUNS—NO
- Central heat/air, wood fireplace, Satellite flat screen television (basic plan) with DVD (selection of movies), games, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer (no detergent provided), WIRELESS INTERNET, wrap around porch, rock patio with propane grill, outside firepit and smoker. DURING BURN BAN ONLY PROPANE GRILL IS AVAILABLE.
$25.00*/per pet/per night
*plus 13% tax
TWO NIGHT MINIMUM ON WEEKENDS
no Daily Housekeeping
By making a reservation with a pet, I agree to the Gästehaus Schmidt
Left on 06/18/2012 for a stay in April 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jun 18, 2012Stayed Apr 2012
4 ladies from Dallas enjoyed this wonderful 4 bedroom, 3'1/2 bath house! But most of our time was spent on the back, wrap-around porch enjoying the quiet and beautiful Hill Country views and sunsets! We especially enjoyed the wood fire pit and smoker, and the visits from our neighbor,the beautiful peacock. Our house is located on Rr965, half way between Fredericksburg and Enchanted Rock, both of which we enjoyed visiting. We also toured several wineries and the Wildseed Farms in the area. We had a wonderful time at the Enchanted Porch and Fredericksburg area!
On our next visit we plan to stay a whole week at this beautiful home in the Hill Country.
Left on 06/14/2012 for a stay in March 2012 | Brenda GreggReviewed Jun 14, 2012Stayed Mar 2012
We had a wonderful time at the Enchanted Porch. My only problems were when we lit the fireplace, it smoked up the whole house, and when we came home after a long day of visiting the wineries, the gate wouldn't open-But never fear, we had wonder-women who scaled the fence, and tried to get us in.. to no avail.. the maintainence man came right out and disconnected the gate. The home was beautiful, and we plan to stay here again!
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.