this spacious home is perfect for a group get-away or to add to your group in Enchanted Porch. Grandmother’s Porch also has a wrap around porch both inviting and comfortable.
Inside is an open living/dining and kitchen. The spacious living room has wonderful large windows to bring in our great Texas sunshine plus a large sofa and three comfy chairs all placed to enjoy the Satellite TV/DVD/VCR or just to enjoy the potbelly stove on those cold winter days. The dining room has dining table open to the fully equipped kitchen.
The downstairs bedroom has a king Tempur-Pedic king size bed. A shower is found in the downstairs bath. Upstairs are two bedrooms—one with two queen beds and the other with a king bed plus a daybed. The bath upstairs has a tub with shower. A small study/TV room is also found upstairs. The library room has two twins and a futon/sofa. The TV has a VCR player, but no reception. There is also a library of books for you to enjoy during your stay.
This home is both comfortable and nicely appointed. There is much to do and see in this wonderful home. Outside is truly an adventurer’s delight. Hike down to beautiful Bee Creek (seasonal) or cool your heels in Polander Creek (wet year round). Several longhorns make their home on this 63 acres of pastureland. Some of their names are Chardonnay (solid white), her heifer calf Champaign, Stardust (brown and white) and Shadow her steer.
- 9 miles north of Fredericksburg on RR965
- No hosts—property is to yourselves; maybe guests in Enchanted Porch
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric stove/oven, large refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, dishwasher, etc.
- $5 breakfast coupon/per person/per night (pick up at GHS office) coffee and teas are provided.
- Up to 12 persons—downstairs has king in the master, upstairs the second bedroom has a king and daybed and the third bedroom has two queens, the library has two twins and a futon sofa.
- Downstairs bathroom (shower); Upstairs bathroom has tub with shower
PETS—YES (no fenced area provided) - you must pick up after your pets
CHILDREN & INFANTS—YES
FIREWORKS AND GUNS—NO
- Central heat/air, potbelly stove, Satellite television (basic plan) with VCR/DVD (selection of movies), fully equipped kitchen, WIRELESS INTERNET, wrap around porch, propane grill
$25.00*/per pet/per night
*plus 13% tax
TWO NIGHT MINIMUM ON WEEKENDS
No Daily Housekeeping
Effective January 1, 2014, you will no longer be able to change the number of people over the course of your stay.
By making a reservation with a pet, I agree to the Gästehaus Schmidt
Left on 06/14/2012 for a stay in May 2012 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Jun 14, 2012Stayed May 2012
The home and surrounding property is beautiful! Unfortunately, due to a well pump problem we did not have running water inside the house. The property manager and the realty office were all helpful in trying to fix the problem and did have it temporarily fixed long enough for us to shower and sleep before having to drive back to Houston. Would still consider returning to the home as it was a very peaceful, beautiful property and home. Hopefully the pump problem was just a 1 time unfortunate mechanical problem that can happen at any home.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.