Etta's Suite, upstairs, is a studio suite with:
• Outside entrance
• Queen bed
• Sleeper sofa - double
• Sitting area
• Eat-in kitchen
• Suitable for a couple, quiet children under 8 are welcome (childrens’ sleeping bags and Aerobeds available)
• Baby bed is available for a couple traveling with a baby or small child under 2.
We promote a quiet, relaxing and convenient-to-everything environment for our guests.
Well behaved dogs are accepted with a $50 cleaning deposit.
Please come, discover and enjoy your suite in a home proud of its past, yet considerate of modern amenities and conveniences.
About Etta Egeland's home:
The home was originally built by Sheriff Newt Jones in 1895. Sheriff Jones was responsible for ordering the only hanging ever performed in San Juan County. He was 28 at that time. Be sure to ask Carol about this fascinating story.
Etta Egeland moved in during the 1960's. She was born in a log cabin, raised on San Juan Island and the founder of the San Juan County Historic Society.
She had a strong commitment to preserving the history of the San Juan Island and I have tried to stay true to her vision during the restoration. Ask me to tell you the delightful stories her family has shared.
The home is a restored 1895 Prairie Victorian San Juan Island Home located in the New York Time's recommended Number 2 destination in the world to visit!
The home's interior is brimming with traditional Victorian charm and original building details such as the staircase banister, moldings, original fir flooring and the exterior patterned shingles.
The Property Details:
* Ettas Place Suites - a Boutique Hotel style accommodation with 3 available suites; each with separate entrances accessed through a main hallway.
* If you have need for a larger family or couples that enjoy separate spaces you could occupy two or all three suites, I do have a discounted rate for combining units.
* Sorry, there is no large common kitchen or living room for larger groups to gather.
* Ettas Place is conveniently located in downtown Friday Harbor; only 4 blocks from the San Juan Island ferry landing so it is cost effective to leave your car at the Ferry Landing in Anacortes, then just walk on to save the higher ferry rates and long waits during the summer!
*The town's historic restaurants and shops are all within a short walking distance of Ettas Place.
* Several modes of transportation are easily available to get around on this 10 mile wide by 22-mile long island.TripAdvisor property ID 3502002...Read more
Etta's Place Suites - Etta's Suite Friday Harbor, Washington
Additional Location Information
Etta's Place Suites is located in the heart of Friday Harbor, only 1 block off the main street, on San Juan Island, Washington State, USA The house is 4 blocks from the Washington State ferry landing, .5mi. to Friday Harbor Airport and 10mi. to Roche Harbor Airport.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation, Lake nearby, Rural retreats, Warm winter getaways, Waterfront
Nearest airport: Friday Harbor, 0.31 miles Nearest ferry port: Friday Harbor, 0.12 miles Car is not necessary
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.