The house is a two and a half story stone Victorian built in 1882 located a few houses from Keuka Lake and a block from the center of the village. The house was built by stone masons brought from Italy to help construct the Pleasant Valley champagne cellars in 1882. During the early years; workers from Curtiss Aircraft building the WW1 Jenny engine roomed there. The plant operated 24/7 and the workers worked 8 on and 8 off. So the beds were rented out for 8 hours at a time. Outside of the house looks pretty much the same as when it was built.
The property is owned by Bob and Millie D.. Bob is a retired engineer and surveyor and Millie is a retired teacher. Their children are grown with families of their own giving them 7 grandchildren to spoil. After retiring from a local utility Millie and Bob worked in Kuwait for five years, Bob as a defense contractor and Millie as a teacher. Bob is active in the local community serving two years as the village mayor.