Location The house is located about 4 km from the town of Geres, of the Marina of Caniçada, and is still very close to the dam and its river beaches. It has a cafe just a few minutes walk from the house that is only open in summer time. You can find a church and a grocery store and some restaurants on the way to Vila do Gerês. In the village you can find several grocery stores, bakeries, hairdressers, pharmacy, baths, local craft shops as well as several restaurants.
This house is a place of excellence for nature lovers as it is the perfect place to go out on foot and explore the mountain. There are many trails to follow nearby. It is also recommended to hire a car to be able to go up to Pedra Bela, one of the best points to have a great view overlooking Geres, as well as in the summer you have to visit the Cascata do Arado or Portela do Homem where you can find several natural pools along the hill. Apartment Description This house consists of 150m2 with 2 floors, the first floor has a living room with dining area and kitchen, the second floor has four bedrooms, suites in this case.
Two of the suites overlook the river and have a terrace. They all have a full ensuites with shower and a double bed.
The living room has a big window that opens outside to the patio overlooking the river. In the terrace you have a table and chairs, a sunshade, three long chairs and a barbecue grill.
The house is equipped with satellite TV and a DVD player. If traveling with a baby we have a baby cot available, as well as two single folding beds if the occupation exceeds 8 people.
It has a garage where you can park one car but in the front of the garage you can fit two more cars. In the garage there is a canoe for two for your use.. Sleep Arrangement Bedroom 1: 1x 0x 0x Bedroom 2: 1x 0x 0x Bedroom 3: 1x 0x 0x Bedroom 4: 1x 01x 0x Living Room: 0x Baby Cot: Yes Highlights Garage Wood Fireplace Big Terrace Mountain/ River Views Towels Provided Linens Provided [accordion][toggle title="Other Information" state="closed"] Smoking: No
Wheelchair access: No
Hourly Restrictions: 30€ between 10pm & 8am
Delivery of the keys: at the apartment[/toggle][/accordion] Apartment Details Room Type Apartment Floor Ground Size (m2) 150 Sleeps 10 Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 4 Lift No Min. Stay 3 Nights Extra Person No Cleaning Fee No Payment 20% Remaining Payment 80% Damage Deposit No City Braga Neighborhood Gerês Check-in Time 4:00 PM Check-out Time 12:00 AM Cancellation Policy Moderate
Additional amenities include: dishes, beach chair svc, sunshade, full sized refridgerator, wood for fireplace, stove/oven, smoking allowed, nice furniture, coffee machine, double bed, walking distance to the river, single beds, free parking space, portable heaters, canoe for 2, suitable for children, games available, hiking, canoeing, portable fans, crib, cooking utensils, cups, coffeemaker....Read more
Left on 09/26/2014 for a stay in September 2014 | marystonehouseReviewed Sep 26, 2014Stayed Sep 2014
Overlooking the lake with mountains on either side this place is a great place for a group of friends or family to meet up and explore the surrounding area. Each bedroom has its own en-suite. The house is furnished in a typical portuguese style and is fully equipped. A short drive to Geres for local restaurants shops and spa activities. We had a great 5 days staying here and would highly recommend. Read more
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The feedback the owner gave us is that you were very nice guests and that he would love to welcome you again. We wish you and your family the best. Kind regards,
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.