- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
Description from the owner
Come and soak up the Haurata Experience.
Haurata Retreat is a little patch of paradise, nestled in the Gisborne hinterland. Breathe the crisp high country air and encounter the East Cape’s best kept secret!
Handcrafted trails for every degree of fitness lead over mountain ridges, through paddocks and native New Zealand bush, along waterfalls, sun spoilt meadows and rugged hilltops. Get up close with sheep and cattle beast and enjoy magical views over the Eastland’s mountain ranges. You will be in for a treat while experiencing the feel of 100% pure New Zealand isolation.
Spend your night in the quirky Backpackers Cottage. This former shearers’ ...Read more
Gisborne, North Island, New Zealand
Additional Location Information
This rustic cottage is quirky, cosy and authentic – backpacker heaven.The Haurata Backpacker is a former shearers’ quarter that has been renovated and decorated tastefully with a vintage shabby chic feel to provide comfortable accommodation for up to six travelers on a budget. Heat up your own fireplace and kick back and relax in the comfy sofa or arm chair. A massive wooden dinner table offers enough space for you and your mates. You can cook your dinner in the fully equipped kitchen that comes with electrical stove and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer.
* Two bedrooms each with three beds (a set of bunks and a single bed) One of the bedrooms has a double on the bottom of the bunk.
* Open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area ( sofa and armchair ) with a kent fire and lots of dry wood for warmth – great after a day of hiking
* Fully equipped kitchen for cooking including a stove, microwave and fridge/freezer
* Hot shower, toilet, basin
* Tub and antique washing machine
* Additional outdoor toilet
Haurata is 100% splendid isolation. The closest neighbour apart from the main accommodation is 2 km away.
Guesta are best to arrive in their own vehicles. Pickup and drop off from the Gisborne airport is available. See website
More About This Location
Mountain nearby, Rural retreats
Nearest airport: Gisborne Airport, 40 miles
Car is recommended
Last updated on December 17, 2014
Not available for your dates? Check availability for 6 other Gisborne rentalsCheck Availability for Gisborne
- Local Guides/Maps
- Ocean or water views
- Mountain Views
- Stove or Oven
- Stereo or CD player
- Outdoor Dining Area
- 8 Dining chairs
- 4 Lounge chairs
- Pet friendly - ask
- Smoking allowed - ask
- Suitable for children - yes
- Suitable for the elderly - ask
- Wheelchair accessible - no