Perched on the shores of Lake Michigan, Glen Arbor provides a perfect vacation destination for visitors seeking an escape from the bustle of urban life. The beaches here are remote and picturesque in the summer and in the winter they become buried in wind-sculptured dunes of snow. Come here in the winter to snowshoe along the lakeshore trails, visit in the fall for beautiful foliage, and come back in the spring and summer for scenic hiking and biking trips through once-snowy landscapes now blooming with wildflowers and dune grass.
While you're here, make sure you spend some time out on the waters of Lake Michigan. Enjoy the sun from the deck of a boat. Go swimming or water skiing. Or just find a quiet beach and relax with a good book. Also consider playing a round of golf or spending the afternoon in a luxury spa. Then, head into town and explore the quaint craft galleries and shopping districts of Glen Arbor.
In the evenings experience the relaxed, friendly nightlife around Glen Haven and Good Harbor. Sip a glass of award winning wine from a local winery, hear some live music and enjoy world-class regional cuisine at any of Glen Arbor's excellent restaurants.
Here are a few additional suggestions for your trip:
- Climb up the Sleeping Bear Dunes: Take a trip across the channel to explore the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. While you're at it, visit the Sleeping Bear Point Maritime Museum and learn more about Michigan's Maritime History.
- Take a fishing trip: Join a charter excursion and fish for bass and trout in the deep cool waters of Lake Michigan.
- Take a winery tour: Visit some of northern Michigan's award winning wineries around the Leelanau Peninsula.
- Go on a kayaking adventure: Rent a canoe or kayak and take a guided journey up the Crystal River or the Platte River.
- Relax on the beach: Explore the secluded beaches of Christmas Cove and Good Harbor. The water is cold and clear, the sand is soft, and the beaches are fringed with sea grass and windswept dunes.
- Visit Glen Haven: In addition to its windy, undisturbed beaches, Glen Haven is the home of a fascinating old deserted town.
It's always easy to find a perfect vacation rental in Glen Arbor, no matter what time of year you schedule your trip. Rent a charming condo in town, or find a beautiful lakeside villa just a few steps from the beach. While you're here, you may want to take a scenic drive along the lakeshore to the nearby towns of Northport or Frankfort.
This LeBear Luxury Condominium is situated on the pristine beachfront of Glen Arbor, Michigan. Surrounded by the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park shore (voted by GMA viewers as America's Most Beautiful place in 2011) this luxury property has every imaginable convenience and upgrade. The 2400 sq ft condominium is …
Enjoy 100 feet of Lake Michigan sandy beachfront from your own private acre setting nestled in the dunes and trees. Views of South and North Manitou Islands as well as the Sleeping Bear Dune's pointe. Walking distance to Glen Arbor; either by beach or road. Contemporary style home with generous windows to enjoy the…
The color is here! Available at reduced fall rates in October, also available for a longer term over-winter stay.
Location, Location, Location! The Glen Arbor cottage is on a quiet, secluded, unpaved lane right in the village of Glen Arbor - a very cool "Up North" town. It's just a minute's walk down to the Lake …
Walk to village, Lake Michigan beach, close to Sleeping Bear Dunes, bike trail and parks. I furnish the linens, basics in kitchen, grill, row boat, picnic table and fire ring. Fish from our front yard.
Beds: 1 Queen Bed, 2 Twin Beds
Located on the gorgeous Leelanau Peninsula, The Hideaway is an immaculate air conditioned home, on 100 feet of prime, private lakefront property, providing magnificent views of scenic South Lake Leelanau from inside or out. There are 2 bedrooms, one with a queen, and one with 2 twin beds, blankets and pillows (no …
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.