The Villa Petrosa is a perfect blend of past and present, and is a fine example of local, middle-class architecture. Originally part of a 19th century merchant's house, this villa has been given a sensitive restoration to show its unique character. We have dedicated ourselves to designing a modern, comfortable and luxurious accommodation with an historic and educational touch.
Whether you are looking forward to a romantic holiday, an annual family trip, or simply want to enjoy the beautiful Dubrovnik region with its wonderful architecture and food, the Villa Petrosa is perfectly located and will allow you to recharge your batteries and nourish your body and soul.
In front of the house there is a beautiful heated swimming pool with a big terrace and barbecue place.
Beautiful private beach with parking place is provided for guests of this house in small fisherman's place Molunat 10 km away.
This house is named after the green and fertile valley of Konavle, which has been feeding the Dubrovnik area for centuries, even today. The Konavle region abounds with nature and respects the traditional way of life and architectural heritage.
The villa is located in the village of Gruda, the center of the Konavle region, just 10 km from Dubrovnik International Airport, and close to many attractions. An excellent bus service connects you to anywhere you want to go (6am to 9pm).
Banks, post office, bus station, grocery stores, doctor, café bars, green market, fish market, pharmacy, hairdresser, etc. are a few minutes' walking distance from the house.
You can find here many interesting historical places and traditional rural restaurants where you can enjoy delicious home-grown food. For example:
• Water mills on the river Ljuta at the famous restaurant "Konavoski Dvori" where waitresses wear the traditional costumes of the region (2 km or 20 minutes' walking distance).
• Highly-recommended traditional restaurant "Koračeva kuća" (5 minutes' walking distance).
• Cavtat – gem of the Mediterranean (12 km) is a perfect place to go for a fish dinner, night life or day trip (mausoleum by sculptor Ivan Meštović, Vlaho Bukovac house, etc.).
• Molunat – a fishermen's village with nice beaches and following the traditional way of fishing (10 km).
• The town of Dubrovnik (25 km) is the historical and cultural centre of this area. You can travel there by road or by water taxi from Cavtat.
• A unique pebble beach below the Konavle cliffs (5 km).
• Historical sites like the bas-relief of the pagan god Mithras dating from the 2nd century, the Soko fortress, Sunday traditional costume dance in Čilipi and its ethnic museum.
• Montenegro bay (10 km) and Bosnia and Herzegovina (35 km) where East meets West.
For those preferring a more active holiday, there are choices of horseback riding, ATV safari, jeep safari, bike riding, sea kayaking, all kind of watersports, etc.
There is much more to see and do depending of your preferences, and we are always at your service to help you with any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to write and ask us.
Villa Petrosa staffTripAdvisor property ID 3437193...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.