Pretty little beach house on the Grazel beach at Gruissan.
Walking distance to 52 restaurants and bars.
Right on the beach. Watch you children on the beach while you enjoy a glass of wine on your terrace.
We live in Gruissan and are there to offer you a warm welcome.
BLUE LAGOON BEACH HOUSE
Right ON THE BEACH- walk to everything. Arrive on any day - take advantage of cheap flights to Carcassonne, Perpignan, Montpelier, Toulouse etc
Gruissan is a unique site in the Mediterranean. It has everything you may need for the perfect holiday. It is very French and quite a lively family resort in the summer.
You can get up in the morning walk 100 yards to the bakery where they will be baking fresh bread every hour and buy your hot baguettes and warm croissants for your breakfast. Sit on the terrace in privacy and watch the world go by. Then you can just lounge around the private pool or wander along to the OLD MEDIEVAL village.
The Blue Lagoon beach house looks out at Grazel Beach.
The house has its own private parking spaces and there is a well kept clean swimming pool and paddling pool just thirty paces from your front door. Breakfast on the terrace in the sun is a must for those who like to watch the world stroll by. Just along in the square is the bakery where they will be baking fresh bread every hour.
The beach is on the etang (the inland salt and fresh water lake). You can sit on your terrace and watch your children play in the clean yellow sand and paddle safely in the sea. The water is not very deep here and we have swum out to the island many times. Beyond your view of the etang you have the Mediterranean sea. Here, there is 24 miles of fine white sand and huge beaches, some of which you can drive along.
Please note that swimming pools are open high season only and you should check when the pools are open - usually 15th June to 15th September - but this can be extended in hot weather.
Long winter lets are available.
Additional price information
• Fee for the provision of sheets, towels and linens: 60 euros per property per week (3 people) 80 euros 4 people plus.
• This fee also includes the cleaning of the apartment upon your departure and will be taken from your security deposit of 250 euros (payable cash on arrival).
• Additional maid service can be provided at £5.50 per hour.
About the location
• Village - a medieval village built in a circle around the castle; with its narrow streets and old houses, tiny shops and family run restaurants. It is classed as one of the most beautiful in France.
• Marina - one of the Mediterranean's major pleasure boat harbours. Admire the yachts belonging to rich and famous, learn to sail or take a trip to Port La Nouvelle or the bird sanctuary to see the pink flamingos.
• Beaches - twenty miles of soft white fine sand that gently shelves into the sea for safe bathing and lots of room for games or just getting away from it all.
• Swimming pool and a paddling pool - private to the residences.
• Etangs - salt water inland lagoons that are a sanctuary for birds, especially the pink flamingos
• Local gastronomy - family run restaurants with recipes handed down from generation to generation.
• Night life for the young at heart - pavement cafes with groups playing every style of music. Jazz at the chateau (our daughter will sing there in June). Dancing at the Casino or at one of the four clubs, a 5 or 10 minute walk from our properties.
• Mountains - stunning views of the Pyrenees, walking and mountain biking in the Clape mountains behind Gruissan.
• Shopping - try the delicacies of the local market in the old medieval village – just a five minute walk from your apartment. Wander around the port for clothes and jewellery or explore the potteries in the countryside. For the serious shopper there is nearby Narbonne, Carcassone and Montpelier. We love the indoor food market in Narbonne, where local farmers display their produce with pride in the lovely old building.
• Canal du Midi – we regularly hire a boat for the day, great fun on the water with a picnic or stop at one of the many restaurants along the way for lunch.
• Little yellow train – one of our favourite days out with spectacular views of the Pyrenees as you ascend to the ski resorts (great in summer or winter).
• Cathar castles
Activities near by
Adventure park, Bird Watching, Boating, Boules, Cycling, Diving, Drawing and painting, Fishing, Flying, Go karting, Golf, Gourmet dining, Gym, Hiking, Horse riding, Ice skating, Kayaking, Mountain biking, Photography, Rambling, Riverside activities, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Sea excursions, Shopping, Sightseeing, Skiing, Snorkelling, Snowboarding, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Theme parks, Tree adventure park, Walking, Water skiing, Water sports, White water rafting, Wind Surfing, Wine tasting, YogaTripAdvisor property ID 2939130...Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.