Villa Ohantcea 4****, beautiful with charm, near beach
From $444 / night
Description from the owner
Description from the owner
An exceptional private retreat in Hendaye Plage (Beach), Cote Basque, France, Villa Ohantcea 4**** is a unique and exclusive accommodation with optimum capacity for 12 people in 6 bedrooms, up to 14. Villa Ohantcea merges careful design, privilege location, warm and cozy atmosphere and endless activities.
Villa Ohantcea has a privileged situation, 30 min from San Sebastián and Biarritz, few minutes from the beach of Hendaye and few kilometres of cultural, sporting and dining attractions. The villa has a privileged natural setting with fabulous views to the mountains and Txingudi Bay and is surrounded by trees and vegetation, being an ideal place ...Read more
About the owner
About the owner
- Response rate: 78%
- Response time: A few hours
- Calendar updated: 7 days ago
Villa Ohantcea 4****, beautiful with charm, near beach Hendaye, Aquitaine, France
Additional Location Information
Villa Ohantcea has a strategic location just minutes from the beach of Hendaye, 20 minutes from San Sebastian and Biarritz, 1 hour from the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, 1:45h from La Rioja Alavesa (paradise for wine lovers), 2:30h from Bordeaux and few kilometres from renowned Michelin starred restaurants (more info in the activities section).
Hendaye is divided into two main areas: the ancient Basque town and beach area (Hendaye plage), where the villa is located as well as main touristic attractions such as marina, hotels, casino, shops, restaurant and Thalassotherapy center Serge Blanco. The villa is located on a quiet street near the beach and supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, bookstores ... are also just around the corner.Outdoor sports
Hendaye Beach, 3.5 km long, is one of the safest in Cote Basque and offers excellent swimming conditions, walks and relaxation; its waters are calm and allow enjoying the beach also in family and with children. The beach is at the same time ideal for surfers and to practice all kinds of sports such as kayaking, snorkelling, fishing, sailing, volleyball or football on the beach.
Besides sports enthusiasts can also ride horses, practice yoga, Pilates, golf, hiking and relaxing with a thalassotherapy session.
Knowing the Basque Country
Hendaye is strategic placed as a tourist resort and the location of Villa Ohantcea is perfect to visit Basque Country and France. A small tour in the Basque Country will reveal the bravery of the Atlantic, its sandy beaches, bustling towns and charming villages. Its cuisine is well known throughout the world, has an excellent local wine and first quality fish and meats, the region is well known for having the highest concentration of Michelin starred restaurants in the world.
Bilbao (Guggenheim Museum, Old Town and its tapas bars, several restaurants with Michelin stars), San Sebastian (El Peine de los Vientos, The Kursaal, the beaches of La Concha and Zurriola, several Michelin starred restaurants, The Old Town, International Jazz and Music Festivals), Getaria and Zarautz (Balenciaga Museum, Txakoli wineries and fish restaurants), Hondarribia-Fuenterrabia (Old Town, La Marina and restaurants), Pamplona, where annually are celebrated the internationally well known San Fermin Festivities (July 7 to 14), Biarritz, Bayonne, Saint-jean-de-luz, Bidart, guéthary, Anglet, or inland villages (Espelette, Ascain, Sare) all within 10 and 30 minutes driving distance.
Zarautz and Getaria as Txakoli manufacturing centers, Hernani-Astigarraga as a cider manufacturing center, La Rioja, paradise for wine lovers.
- Michelin Stars: the region is known for having the highest concentration of Michelin starred restaurants in the world and this testifies the importance and quality of its cuisine. Near Villa Ohantcea we will find some of these restaurants:
- In Hendaye Maison Eguiazábal (*)
- In Hondarribia, 5 Km from Hendaye, Alameda (*)
- 12 Km (15 min by car) from Hendaye, Zoko-Moko (*) in San Juan de Luz, Zuberoa (*) in Oiartzun and Mugaritz (**) in Renteria
- 25 Km from Hendaye (30 min by car or train), in San Sebastian, Arbelaitz (*), Mirador de Ulia (*), Kokotxa (*), Akelarre (***), Arzak (***), Martín Berasategui (***)
- A 30 Km from Hendaye, in Biarritz, Chateau de Brindos (*), L'atelier (*), L'impertinent
- Poteo: the tradition known as "poteo" or "txikiteo" consists making a short stop at every bar, drink a little beer called "zurito" or a wine, eat a tapa and switch to the next bar.
More About This Location
Beach or lakeside relaxation