Looking to escape to one of the most peaceful and refreshing vacation spots in the world? Look no further: Honolulu, HI is the perfect vacation getaway. As the state's capital and the largest populated area in Hawaii, this city is a glimmering expanse that sprawls Oahu's southern coast. With a thriving downtown brimming with museums and cultural sites, it is no wonder Honolulu has repeatedly been voted one of the best places in the world to vacation. There is an abundance of outdoor activities to choose from including swimming and surfing as well as biking and hiking. Whether you are here for a Honolulu wedding or a Honolulu cruise, be sure to save some time to experience the area's buzzing nightlife, five-star dining, shopping, arts, and entertainment .
Some of the attractions you will not want to miss include:
- The Hawaiian Fire Surf School: Learn how to surf and ride the waves using state-of-the-art safety equipment and boards. With lesson opportunities for surfers of all skill levels, this school is the perfect way to immerse oneself in pure ocean fun.
- Foster Botanical Gardens: Head over to this 14-acre garden with over 4,000 species of rare tropical plants. The impressive collection has been gathered over a period of 140 years from all around the world.
- Hawaii Food Tour: Spend a day taking a food tour, during which guests are invited to taste a number of unique and exotic Hawaiian dishes from restaurants all around Honolulu.
- Oahu Diving: Dive into the Pacific and explore ocean reefs, caves, and shipwrecks. Oahu offers four different and unique scuba diving spots to choose from around the island and provides transportation to the points. With experienced scuba diving instructors, plenty of available gear, and opportunities for divers of all skill levels, this is the perfect way to get a taste of true Honolulu water fun.
- The Bishop Museum: This is the largest museum in the city and offers visitors a glimpse into Pacific culture and natural history.
- The 'Iolani Palace: This is the only royal palace in the United States, and it is an aesthetic architectural feat. Walking through the old hallways instills a feeling of old world royalty that is rarely found in the U.S.
- Diamond Head: After you have gotten your cultural fix, head here. This volcanic cone rests on the shores of Waikiki and is a constant reminder of Hawaii's tumultuous history. A hike to the top is well worth it for the views alone.
The beach becomes your backyard while staying in a Honolulu vacation rental. Be the first to see the sunrise over the ocean from your rental's bedroom balcony then walk just minutes to the water. Spend your days surfing, swimming, snorkeling, or simply sunning along America's most beautiful beaches then retreat back to your condo or apartment rental at night and relax under a Hawaiian starry sky.