Recent reviews for Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Left on 06/17/2015 for a stay in May 2015
I don't even know where to start singing the praises of this gorgeous place. Everything about it was simply ideal. The villa itself is SO spacious, clean, comfortable and quite beautifully decorated too. Plenty of space for 2 couples to vacation comfortably and with plenty of privacy too. The complex is delightful, that pool sparkly clean and the neighbors very friendly. The villa is a good 5min drive from downtown Hua Hin, so the free shuttle van which plies the route 4 times a day is quite invaluable. stock up the fridge and enjoy a great, relaxing vacay. We had a motorbike and I suggest people hire a scooter to make moving around easier. If you're looking for a lot of action, you won't find it here, but if you want some R&R with the comforts of home, then this is the place for you. The owner is communicative and full of advice, as is the lovely lady who manages the villa. Super on all accounts.
About Hua Hin
Hua Hin is a charming seaside town on the coast of Thailand. Originally founded by Thai royalty as an ocean resort, Hua Hin is a popular destination for Thai families today. Located along quiet waters of the Malay Peninsula and close to the city of Bangkok, Hua Hin is an accessible and lovely destination for a beach vacation. Despite its proximity and the myriad things to do, Hua Hin is quieter and less visited than other Thai towns, still boasting the laid-back atmosphere of another era.
Hua Hin has a long history of tourism and it is well prepared for its visitors. Here, tour outfitters offer water skiing, sailing, jet skiing, fishing charters, and even pony rides. The city is home to the highest concentration of golf courses in Thailand, many with relatively inexpensive green fees. For a bit of luxury, head to one of Hua Hin's day spas for a traditional Thai massage or an herbal skin treatment. To learn more about Thai culture, enroll in a cooking class in one of several gastronomy schools. Shoppers will also enjoy the plethora of local crafts on sale in Hua Hin's markets, including printed cotton, embroidered fabric, pottery, and woodcarvings.
The climate in Hua Hin is warm and humid throughout the year, great for sunbathing and swimming in the turquoise water. For a bit of color and pageantry, visit during the International Kite Festival in the spring.
Whenever you choose to travel to Hua Hin, be sure to visit the following sights:
- Khao Takiab: If you walk from the beach in Hua Hin up the hill of Khao Takiab, you can visit several Buddhist temples and enjoy views of the sea below.
- Hua Hin Railway Station: Known as the most beautiful railway station in the country, the stationhouse was once a part of a Thai palace.
- Hua Hin Arts and Crafts Centre: Visit this gallery space to see contemporary and traditional art by Thai artists.
- Khao Tao: Just a few miles from Hua Hin, you can visit the beautiful and secluded beaches of Hat Sai Noi and Hat Sai Yai in the town of Khao Tao.
- Klai Kangwon Palace: Still a residence for the Thai royal family, visitors to Hua Hin can visit this beautiful palace, built in the Spanish style and filled with Indonesian craft.
- Phra Ratchaniwet Marukhathaiyawan: Just off the road to Hua Hin, King Rama VI's lavish summer palace has been beautifully restored and is open to the public.
Enjoy Hua Hin, Thailand, in a wonderful vacation rental near the shore. Join the many Thai families who enjoy the seashore in Hua Hin by renting a condo on the beach or a large Thai-style villa with all the luxury amenities you need to relax in style.