One of the most beautiful but least crowded skiing areas of the intermountain west lies here in the heart of the Wasatch Mountain Range close to Huntsville, Utah. Many skiing enthusiasts in the United States seem to have not yet discovered Huntsville. For now, the miles of trails through quiet pine forest remain pristine and feel natural and secluded.
The long, powdery undisturbed runs near Huntsville give way to blooming hills of wildflowers in the springtime. And in the summer, the hiking, fishing and exploring opportunities in the Wasatch Mountains are unmatched. Come here and spend the summer in a lakeside cottage on the Pineview Reservoir or disappear into a cozy cabin close to the National Forest.
If you're interested in nightlife and live music, view the Huntsville calendar of events for outdoor music festivals or take advantage of Huntsville's proximity to the busy cosmopolitan areas of Salt Lake City, Ogden and Park City.
Here are a few additional suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Go skiing and snowboarding: The Powder Mountain and Snowbasin ski areas offer some of the most pristine, champion class trails in the state, plus many easy slopes for beginners.
- Explore the Pineview Reservoir: Take a boat, jet ski or sea kayak out onto the glassy waters of the Pineview Reservoir in the summer time.
- Go bird watching: The reservoir is also a perfect place to watch the sunrise and to see some of Utah's more elusive bird species.
- Hike the trails of Ogden Canyon: Go hiking, mountain biking or horseback riding along the trails of the Wastach-Cache National Forest.
- Relax in the spa: After a few long days of skiing, hiking or snowshoeing along the back country trails, you may want to spend an afternoon in complete relaxation receiving some luxury head to toe pampering.
- Visit the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park in Ogden: Learn more about these giant creatures, including what they ate, how they lived, and how paleontologists can better understand them by carefully studying the footprints and bones they left behind.
No matter what season of the year you choose to visit Huntsville, you'll have no trouble finding a vacation rental that meets your needs. Rent a sleek condo in the heart of Huntsville, close to elegant restaurants and shopping centers. Or find a luxury cabin within reach of the best ski areas that offers all the comforts of home.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.