Denmark is consistently ranked as a front-runner in international contentment surveys that rate countries on their overall quality of life. Since Copenhagen is the warm and welcoming metropolitan center of Denmark, this city can be considered the unofficial happiness capital of the world.
The charming side streets and enchanting architecture of Copenhagen offer picturesque photo opportunities everywhere the eye falls here. Take in the rugged natural beauty that surrounds the city, from the rocky coastline to the snowy mountain peaks in the distance. People are friendly here, public transportation is flawless, and the restaurants are great. The public parks are delightful, the museums are fascinating, and the cafes and shopping districts of Copenhagen are so appealing that time spent in them seems fly by. Come to Copenhagen to explore, relax, and hike the mountain trails and experience world-class luxury and hospitality at every turn.
Here are a few specific suggestions as you plan your trip:
- Take a tour of the city: Begin your visit to Copenhagen with a walking or bicycle tour. This is a great way to get an overview of the most important sites and decide what you'd like to return to later.
- Explore the National Museum: See the exhibits and galleries of this extensive museum and learn more about Denmark's storied history and cultural achievements.
- See the Marina at New Harbor: Stroll the harbor and watch the sun set, or take a chartered boat trip with a guided tour of the rocky coastline.
- Visit the Tivoli Gardens: Come and walk the pathways of these charming gardens, especially during the Christmas time when the trees are glowing with lights.
- Visit Rosenborg Castle: This fairytale historic castle now functions as an art museum. Take a tour through its opulent interiors.
- Climb the Round Tower: Climb to the top of the historic Round Tower, or Rundetaarn, and see breathtaking views of the city from above.
Copenhagen is a very popular destination for skiers in the wintertime, and during the summer, families and visitors come here from all over the world to enjoy the Scandinavian warm season. But no matter what time of year you decide to plan your trip, you won't have any trouble finding a place to stay. Rent a cozy mountain condo, an apartment downtown, or a harbor side villa with beautiful ocean views. Whatever you're looking for, you'll easily find a vacation rental that meets your needs.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 homes and rooms around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.