1) Beautiful historic property, originally an early 1800's tavern with a rich history as a working farm, seasonal vacation home, inn and year round residence. Property sits at the base of Mt. Monadnock with beautiful mountain and pastoral views. Our street address is Mountain Rd.,
2) One of several buildings on the estate, the huge 6 bedroom, 8 bath brick mansion was built with talent and craftsmanship from a bygone era. Tastefully furnished, this estate home features elegant period details and country charm. In addition to 5 second floor bedroom suites and 1 third floor bedroom suite, the home has a large, lovely eat-in country kitchen, formal dining room with chandelier, cozy den, peaceful library and huge formal living room on main floor. A large furnished screened porch sits off living room.
3) Basement has an additional bathroom and game room with fireplace, pool and foosball tables. Beautiful outdoor space; stone terrace off kitchen. The brick house stays comfortably cool through the summer months. This gem is a true vacation retreat. Internet WiFi access included; no telephone or TV. Cell coverage is good. Step back and enjoy a relaxing stay at this one in a million country home.
4) Offered as a private, fully functional home; flexibility in level of services available to meet your needs. Your party will be the only guests in residence during your stay. The caretaker lives next door to the estate and I live just down the road. Each of the spacious six bedroom suites has a king size bed and its own private bathroom.
5) Base rental of $200 per night includes all main floor living space and one bedroom & bath suite; double occupancy. We price by the bedroom suite, not by person. Each additional suite after the first is priced at $150 per night and accommodates one or two guests. Renting all six suites, for example, costs $950 per night. Contact Pamela before booking so we can discuss how to book your stay. It may be also possible to accommodate more than 12 guests.
6) Activities on the property include: hiking the 333 estate acres, walking or biking the estate's internal road network, birdwatching / observing extensive wildlife, climbing Mt. Monadnock or just relaxing and enjoying the breeze and gazing at the mountain in your own expansive backyard. Monadnock is the most climbed mountain in the western hemisphere, extolled in the literature of Thoueau and Emerson. See Wikipedia for more about this fabled landmark.
7) Unlimited scenic opportunities for artists and photographers. Patriot Farm at the Grand View Stables (look up online) is located across the street at 557 Mountain Rd., Jaffrey, NH. Horseback riding lessons and trail riding on Mt. Monadnock are available. For individuals interested in trailering in their own horses, boarding is available at nearby Mead Brook Equestrian Center (look up online at 74 Great Rd., Jaffrey, NH 03452).
8) The estate is an outstanding venue for your wedding or other social event. Our vaulted ceiling banquet hall seats 130 and more can be accommodated under tenting. There are lodging establishments nearby for additional guests and experienced local caterers can satisfy your every culinary desire.
9) Shattuck Golf Course is less than a 5 minute drive away; 3 lakes with public access / beaches are less than a 15 minute drive! In town there's a Subway & McDonald's, 2 local pizza/ sub shops, a pub/ burger sports bar, a Chinese restaurant as well as a few finer dining establishments. Grocery store is 15 minutes away. Dollar General and Family Dollar stores are in town.
10) The estate is conveniently located on Route 124 near Fitzwilliam Rd., in the small, quiet, southwestern NH town of Jaffrey (population 5,000). To learn more about the area, visit the Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce online for Visitor Info. It is a fifteen minute drive to Keene or Peterborough, NH....Read more
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.