Hector’s House is a beautifully furnished 4 bedroom, 5 bathroom detached waterfront villa with a large swimming pool, located on Harbour Island, in the middle of Jolly Harbour.
The entrance has an informal seating area with television. Two downstairs bedrooms open off the central hallway that leads to the open-plan living, dining and kitchen area. The high ceilings and light furnishings give the whole villa a feeling of sophisticated spaciousness.
The villa has been furnished throughout to a high standard, with gorgeous African paintings and strong wooden finishes, which make you feel as if you’re in a tropical earthy paradise.
The large family sized kitchen is fully equipped with a hob, oven, microwave, large fridge/freezer, espresso machine, coffee maker, blender and a dishwasher. Off the kitchen is a laundry room with washing machine. Beside the kitchen, the dining area has a large wooden table and chairs and looks out to the swimming pool and the waterway beyond.
The sitting area has a large flat screen cable TV, a DVD & CD player, and is furnished with sumptuous sofas and chairs – the perfect place to relax after a day in the sun. There is wifi for those times when you want to stay connected.
The outside deck is fenced with wooden railings with a gate to the mooring. There is a wonderful swimming pool with blow up pool loungers for your enjoyment . For al fresco dining, there is a large gas fired Weber BBQ and seating for six around a shaded dining table. If lounging by the pool is what you're after then Hector’s House has plenty of comfortable seating, a bar area and plenty of sun loungers.
The magnificent master bedroom is situated on the top floor with its own private balcony overlooking the pool and waterway beyond and has comfortable outdoor chairs with foot rests. There is a king sized bed with rich soft bedding, matching curtains, a large free-standing wardrobe and dresser plus a desk. The en-suite bathroom is spacious and has a Jacuzzi bath tub.
Bedroom 1 (downstairs) has a queen sized bed with 2 side tables, lamps, a large built-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with shower. Bedroom 2 (downstairs) has a queen sized bed with 2 side tables, lamps, a large built-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with shower. Bedroom 3 (upstairs) has 2 single beds, wardrobe, en-suite bathroom with shower. All bedrooms are furnished to a very high standard and are air conditioned.
To make your stay even easier, there is a local cell phone and a golf cart so you can easily get around the resort.
If you’re looking for the serenity of a private getaway for family and friends in a luxurious environment with glorious views across the waterway, there’s nothing better than time spent at Hector’s House.
Additional amenities include: coffee maker, iron/board, shopping, sailing, kitchen utensils, cd player, veranda, resort, fans, tennis court, child friendly, golf, basketball court.TripAdvisor property ID 3741768...Read more
Left on 01/09/2013 for a stay in December 2012 | karenReviewed Jan 9, 2013Stayed Dec 2012
The house is spacious, the view is absolutely lovely, the pool a regular gathering place for us all. But...
1. The kitchen is huge, perfect for a big group to cook in but terribly equipped as far as pots & pans, knives, baking supplies etc. We were such a large group we had some family staying in one of the 2 bedroom duplexes. That unit's kitchen was better equipped by far.
2. The furniture should be in a ski chalet not a Caribbean home. The modular sofas/chairs were brushed velvet with animal like fur covered pillows. And the TV was tiny! No internet which would have been fine but the internet cafe was closed so it became an inconvenience.
3. No padded covers for the chaises outside
4. For a phone they supplied a cell phone that only worked sometimes. The idea is great because you can take it with you around the island but no one could reach me nor could I call out.
5. The lights on the golf cart were not working & the guy had to come back 2x before it was resolved.
6. The bikes had flat tires & had to be fixed 2x as well. 1 bike was really unusable.
7. The drain in the master bath is missing so the jacuzzi could not be used.
Each item is no big deal but all of them together made it disappointing. We made the best of it but I felt for the money we paid Christmas week it should have been much better.
Amy was great. Jolly Harbour is a great base with lots to keep you busy.
Thank you for sending your review of Hectars House, we are so sorry that you found the house dissapointing.
1. We are in agreement that the Kitchen could benefit from some additional pots & pans for larger groups staying.Other than mentioned we feel the kitchen has more than generous amounts of dining ware, glasses, cutlery and appliances.
2. The furniture is the owners choice...has never been commented on or been an issue by guests before... The sofas and cushions are in keeping with the African theme throughout the property.
3. Internet will be in the House by April.The Crows nest, our office, The commercial center all have wifi that you can use.
3. Pads for the new sun loungers will be at the house at the end of March.
4. Unfortunatly cell phones do not last for ever, and it will be replaced.
5. It was unfortunate that the bikes were not fixed and working fine the first time, as was the cart, but i believe they were then no problem.
6. The plug ( Drain ) for the jaccuzi bath is on the side of the bath tub.
We will pass on all your comments.
Amy and Margot
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Left on 12/11/2012 for a stay in November 2011 | A FlipKey verified reviewerReviewed Dec 11, 2012Stayed Nov 2011
Excellent villa, great location, Jolly Habour has everything you could want, great beaches, good food and supermarket. Villa management (Amy and Margot) on hand to help with anything you need and make sure your stay is perfect.
As featured in USA TODAY and recommended by Travel + Leisure in its annual Villa Guide:
New to FlipKey?
FlipKey is a vacation rental marketplace with more than 300,000 rentals around the world. Find the perfect place to stay for your trip, and get great value along with the space, privacy and amenities of home.
Find the vacation rental perfect for you. Learn how.